HEAD OF SERVICES
This exciting role within ALONE provides leadership to a team of
Services Managers across Ireland who provide direction and support to
Services staff in delivering an excellent integrated system of
services and a multi-faceted Support and Befriending Service to older
people in Ireland. In addition, the role takes the lead in developing
and deploying a range of initiatives to achieve the mission of ALONE.
ALONE is a National organisation that provides a wide range of
services and supports to older people to enable them to age happily at
home. We support and empower people and we help INDIVIDUALS and their
FAMILIES, work with other ORGANISATIONS, to improve the lives of older
people. We work with all older people, including those who are lonely,
isolated, frail or ill, homeless, living in poverty, or are facing
other difficulties. We support them through these challenges.
WE PROVIDE AN INTEGRATED SYSTEM OF COORDINATION OF SUPPORT, Practical
SUPPORTS, BEFRIENDING, PHONE SERVICES, SOCIAL PRESCRIBING, HOUSING
WITH SUPPORT, AND ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY. We use support plans, provide
a point of contact for access to health, social care, housing,
transport and other arising needs using technology and other services
and activities to improve physical, emotional and mental wellbeing.
ALONE enables outcomes including improved quality of life, community
activation and implementation of national strategies. Supported by
over 2,**Apply on the website** volunteers, we provide befriending and
support and telephone support services to older people in all areas of
the Republic of Ireland.
We provide **Apply on the website** plus homes for people who are
homeless or at risk of homelessness.
We have been awarded Quality Marks from Volunteer Ireland, the ISO and
we work to exceed all the governance standards of the Charities
Regulator and the Housing Regulatory Standard.
* Lead the Services Manager team and help them to foster a high
performance and supportive environment for the entire Services Team.
Management of the ALONE housing department.
* Management of the ALONE housing department.
* Ensuring a seamless and integrated continuum of care for older
people through the management of all aspects of care and case
management across a range of services.
* Work to achieve the ALONE Strategic Plan and contribute to
strategic planning and review.
* Sponsor a culture of knowledge, learning and continuous
improvement to operate to the values of ALONE
* Development and implementation of service goals and objectives in
line with the Organisation’s mission, values and objectives.
* Champion integration of Volunteers into Services and ensure our
2,**Apply on the website** plus volunteers have the training and
supports necessary to serve the older people assisted by ALONE.
* Support the development of existing and new partnership
opportunities for service roll out Nationally.
* Responsible for grant applications and preparing reports for
statutory and non-statutory funders.
* Liaise with ALONE’s Quality Manager in leading Quality
Management in the Services Team and ensuring the ongoing evaluation
and review of Services compliance with the highest quality standards
as laid out in the QM system.
* Play a lead role in in the leadership team and act as a link
between the leadership team and the Services Team.
* Represent ALONE at key Regional and National fora and events
connected to the Ageing sector in Ireland.
* Responsibility for collation and reporting of organisational
* Recruitment, engagement and development of staff and volunteers
through mentoring, training, supervision and performance management.
* Be an ALONE supporter and act as an ambassador in the development
of the Age Sector.
* Senior People Manager with extensive experience in the charity/ Not
for Profit sector.
* Strong advocate with a passion to make a difference.
* Excellent communications and influencing skills.
* Highly accurate with excellent attention to detail.
* Methodical and organised.
* Team player with proven ability to motivate and lead a team as
well as work collaboratively with others.
This is a two-year contract. The position location is flexible with
travel required across Ireland. Regular attendance at our office in
Dublin 8 is required (minimum 2 days per week). Salary range available
on application. The role will require a full clean drivers licence and
the use of car for business purposes. The position also requires Garda
Please send your CV and cover letter to us at **Apply on the website**
to reach us no later than close of business on Sunday, 6th of December
**Apply on the website**.
_ALONE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER._
Please visit our website at www.alone.ie [http://www.alone.ie]
We need : English (Good)