In Gheel, we focus on supporting individuals with autism through their
life journey and enabling them to have fulfilling life experiences,
while having autonomy and control over their choices and decisions.
Gheel Autism Services provides a wide range of services for adults
with autism including day and vocational opportunities, outreach
support and a variety of supported living options. Across our services
we consider how each person thinks, learns, and processes information
to develop a personalised plan of support. Considering individuals
strengths and motivations, we enable people to obtain outcomes which
are meaningful to them. Our committed practitioners receive regular
training and they are equipped with the knowledge and skills to enable
each individual to have positive and meaningful life experiences. All
staff are involved in changing the culture of supporting people into a
more inclusive, independence focused style of support – where people
are encouraged to be partners in, not recipients of, their service
* Access to Health Insurance
* Access to Educational Support Scheme
* Company pension with company
* contribution (including income protection and death-in-service
* Employee Assistant Programme
* Free Parking
* Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave
* Up to **Apply on the website** days Annual leave
* Bike to Work scheme
* Training and development (CPD)
* Option to join the Health Service credit union
Due to the on-going expansion of our service we currently have the
following full-time vacancy.
RESIDENTIAL VACANCIES - DUBLIN 3
AUTISM PRACTITIONER / SOCIAL CARE WORKER – RESIDENTIAL ROSTER ––
PERMANENT, FULL-TIME 1.**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** WTE, DUBLIN 3
The rosters consist of **Apply on the website**-hour shifts, you will
work **Apply on the website** sleepovers in 6 weeks as part of a
The successful candidates will act as a strong role model, demonstrate
a commitment to developing a person-centred culture and provide the
people we support with emotional support while contributing positively
to their health and wellbeing.
Gheel Autism Services provides supported living services across Dublin
and North Kildare. With this type of support the emphasis is on the
development of skills for independent living, recognising individual
goals and aspirations and enabling people to be active participants in
their local community. The support is provided in line with the
individual needs and choices of the person, based on assessment of
social, personal and healthcare needs. Staff have the opportunity to
work on skill development in context, building capacity for
interdependence in community and social networks. In addition, we
enable adults to develop essential everyday skills such as: money
management, self-care, laundry, general housekeeping and cooking
A full, clean driving licence is required for this position.
_ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR AUTISM PRACTITIONER/SOCIAL CARE WORKER
A summary of the requirements for this post is as follows:
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POST:
* Level 7 award in Social Care/Studies delivered by an Institute of
Technology, DIT or National University of Ireland
* A relevant qualification received outside the State recognised by
NARIC as equivalent to the Irish Level 7 award.
* Relevant third level qualification at degree level i.e. social
work, psychology, and/or allied health.
* Post-graduate qualification in Autism Studies
SALARY SCALE: Successful candidates will be paid in line with **Apply
on the website** HSE revised consolidated Social Care Worker pay scale
point 1; €**Apply on the website**,**Apply on the website** –
point **Apply on the website**; € **Apply on the website**,**Apply
on the website** per annum based on working a **Apply on the
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE FOR AUTISM PRACTITIONER/SOCIAL CARE WORKERS:
* At least one-year recent experience in the social care/disability
* Experience of dealing with safeguarding and welfare
responsibilities and responding appropriately to any concerns.
* Experience in liaising and networking with community services.
* Ability to promote independence – supporting others to learn how
* Commitment to the values of Gheel and the philosophy of
* An understanding of the social model of disability.
* Be a mindful reflective professional.
* Experience of supporting individuals with a diagnosis of ASD.
* Demonstrated experience to meet tight deadlines.
To apply for this position please send your C.V to **Apply on the
website**. Applicants will be shortlisted for interview based on the
evidence outlined in their C.V.
The closing date for receipt of all completed applications is Monday,
7th of December @ 5pm. Late applications will not be accepted. Please
write RESIDENTIAL, DUBLIN 3 in the subject line of the email.
We need : English (Good)