APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED FOR THE POST OF
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
Laois Partnership Company delivers the Social Inclusion Community
Activation Programme (SICAP), the Rural Development Programme
(LEADER), and a range of ancillary programmes in County Laois. We are
seeking to recruit a Community Development Officer to work as part of
the SICAP team with a focus on New Communities.
The successful COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT OFFICER candidate’s role will
* Work with New Communities in Laois in line with the SICAP Annual
* Supporting the delivery of English Conversational Classes through
Failte Isteach to New Communities including Asylum Seekers.
* Delivery of community actions as outlined in the SICAP Annual Plan
in partnership with local community groups.
* Deliver on the SICAP targets and KPI’s.
* Regular reporting on the delivery of the programme targets within
required timeframes using Pobal’s online Reporting System (IRIS).
* Delivery of training and supports for community groups to support
their ongoing development including assistance with funding
applications and support to develop local community facilities and
CONDITIONS OF WORK
The successful candidate will be required to work **Apply on the
website** hours a week
Annual Contract subject to funding, Salary available up to €**Apply
on the website**,**Apply on the website** PA
A 6 month Probation period will apply
* A primary degree (NFQ Level 7) in one of the social sciences
(including but not exclusively community development)
* A minimum of three years’ experience of working in a
developmental role with community organisations or projects, or other
similar organisations (in a paid/ voluntary capacity or a combination
* Experience of working with new communities is desirable
* Knowledge or experience of Failte Isteach would be beneficial
* Experience of working with marginalised individuals and
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Access to transport and a full clean driving licence
* Available for working outside normal hours as required
A Job Description for this role can be obtained from Laois
Partnership, Tel: **Apply on the website** or e-mail: **Apply on the
Please forward a FULL CV and a written LETTER OF APPLICATION to:
MS CATHERINE COWAP, A/CEO, LAOIS PARTNERSHIP COMPANY, GROUND FLOOR,
BLOCK 2, COUNTY HALL, JFL AVENUE. PORTLAOISE, CO LAOIS.
Closing date for receipt of applications is FRIDAY THE **APPLY ON THE
WEBSITE**TH JANUARY **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** AT 5PM
CANVASSING WILL DISQUALIFY
_LAOIS PARTNERSHIP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER_
[Laois Partnership Company Logos]
We need : English (Good)