Systems Administrator to join their Technology team.
* Maintain and support locally installed infrastructure.
* Technologist, subject matter expert and product owner for core
technologies comprising European Technology Platforms landscape, with
focus on those technologies used in the company. Expert knowledge of
one/many technologies and good understanding of a range of others. To
* Server technologies and Operating systems, including VMWare, Windows
* Storage (EMC and NetApp) and Backup technologies.
* Directory and Access Management services, including Active
* Network services, including WAN/SDWAN, LAN, WLAN
* Responsible for relationship with technical SMEs in technology
* Support the creation and maintenance of strategies and roadmaps for
technology platform services, in conjunction with Strategy /
Enterprise Architecture and others.
* Promote and assure adherence/alignment to technical standards.
* Design and architecture for Technology Platform services. Define
best practice approach for design and architecture and ensure services
are designed, delivered and transitioned to a sustainable operating
* Provide technical Subject matter expert level 3 support for
incident, change and problem management processes to ensure service
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities
* Be familiar with the architecture, technologies and devices employed
throughout the Group**Apply on the website**;s IT network, with
particular focus on those technologies used in the company.
* Work with the other Systems & Network Administrators, and other IT
personnel, as well as vendor representatives to assist in the on-going
maintenance and development of the Group**Apply on the website**;s
* Participate in the evaluation, recommendation, and selection of
hardware and software solutions.
* Assist in ensuring that the Group**Apply on the website**;s
network and systems are at no time exposed to access by unauthorised
* Assist in the efficient management of disk space available on all
networked systems, monitor disk utilisation, and make timely
recommendations for the deployment of storage resources.
* Be an active resource in the thorough testing, installation and
configuration of new systems software and hardware versions and
* Be actively engaged in troubleshooting, and liaising with third
party technicians in fault determination and efficient problem fixing
as and when required.
* Be involved in systems development projects from time to time as
directed by IT Management
* Continuing self-development in the area of technical network
expertise and developments in IT generally.
Knowledge and Skills
* Strong VMware Experience.
* Linux/Unix Administration skills.
* Windows & Active Directory administration skills.
* Strong networking & security skills, preferably Cisco.
* Storage Area Network experience, preferably EMC & NetApp.
* Excellent documentation and communications skills.
* Experience working in a medium-large enterprise.
* Certification in multiple relevant technologies, to demonstrate
experience and capability to expert level.
* Certification in ITIL.
* Experience in managing vendors and service providers
We need : English (Good)