TITLE: SECRETARIAL ASSISTANT TO SENATOR PIPPA HACKETT, MINISTER OF
STATE FOR LAND USE AND BIODIVERSITY
Minister of State Pippa Hackett is looking for a Secretarial Assistant
to assist her in her duties as a Minister from the Laois-Offaly
constituency. The main duty of the Secretarial Assistant is to look
after constituency queries and local political matters, working as
part of a close-knit team including the Senator’s Parliamentary
Assistant and Communications Assistant. The Secretarial Assistant will
report to the Parliamentary Assistant.
Due to the Covid-**Apply on the website** pandemic, the role will
initially involve remote working. Once public health restrictions
allow, the role will ideally be based in the Minister’s constituency
office(s) in Laois-Offaly. We endeavour to provide a flexible working
environment in terms of location and working hours, and for the right
candidate accommodations can be made around commitments such as child
* Dealing with correspondence (post, email, social media) from
constituents and, where practical, resolving any issues raised by
liaising with relevant government departments and state bodies.
* Working in the constituency on a range of activities including
meetings, events and constituency clinics.
* Assisting Laois-Offaly Green Party committee members and Local
Electoral Area reps with matters of local concern.
* Helping build Senator Hackett’s profile and spread the Green
Party message in Laois and Offaly.
* You should be happy working in a public-facing role, helping
members of the public who are seeking the Senator’s assistance.
* You should be comfortable on the phone and able to write emails
and letters in a professional manner.
* You should be well-organised and have good attention to detail.
* Experience working in a public-facing role, such as in customer
service, hospitality, an administrative role, or a politician’s
office, would be a major advantage.
* An interest in politics, and in the environment and other Green
Party principles, is desirable but not essential.
€**Apply on the website**,**Apply on the website** – €**Apply on
the website**,**Apply on the website** (Salary point on the
Secretarial Assistant pay scale is determined by the Oireachtas based
on previous experience).
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT
The role would be coterminous with Senator Hackett’s term AS A
MINISTER and would be subject to a probationary period.
Please send a CV (of no more than two pages) and a cover letter (of no
more than one page) explaining your motivation and suitability for the
role to **Apply on the website** with “Secretarial Assistant
Application” as the email subject line.
The application deadline is 5pm on Friday **Apply on the website**th
We need : English (Good)