SOPHIA HOUSING ASSOCIATION
JOB DESCRIPTION & PERSON SPECIFICATION
JOB TITLE: PART TIME HEALTHCARE ASSISTANT
LOCATION: Sophia Housing, Tallaght, Dublin **Apply on the website**
Sophia is a national organisation that has been supporting people as
they emerge from homelessness since **Apply on the website**.
Responding to an ever-growing need in Ireland, Sophia supported
1,**Apply on the website** people in **Apply on the website** which is
an increase of **Apply on the website**% in the number of people
supported since **Apply on the website**.
Sophia is a niche service provider for two reasons; Firstly, it sees
the provision of home of one’s own as the primary response to
homelessness and the intervention that Sophia is exclusively focused
on. Secondly as an Approved Housing Body, its core mission is to
provide homes for individuals, couples and families who not only need
a home but also present with other support needs.
Sophia recognises that homelessness can have a traumatic impact on
people and that services need to be designed and delivered in a trauma
REPORTING TO: Project Manager
CONTRACT: Fixed term – **Apply on the website** months
HOURS: **Apply on the website** hours per week (Monday to Sunday,
mainly evenings and weekends)
The successful candidate will work on a daily basis with one family
coming from homelessness. The duties and responsibilities are unique
and varied because the people we support all have unique needs.
Whilst this can be a very diverse role, the key focus is always on
supporting a person to lead a fulfilling and more independent life.
* To have regard for the objectives and ethos of Sophia Housing.
* To work as a member of the Support Team under the supervision of
the Project Manager.
* To work in a holistic way with family members and individuals as
appropriate to their needs.
* Providing emotional support to individuals and their families.
* Providing personal care to individuals.
* Providing practical support to individuals and their families,
such as helping with household tasks
* Completing paper work daily
* Supporting individuals to pursue hobbies and interests.
* Teaching life skills, such as budgeting and paying bills.
* Helping with everyday tasks such as meal preparation, writing a
shopping list, going shopping or maintaining their housing tenancy.
* Helping individuals to access community facilities and be included
in community groups.
* To be vigilant to any Health, Safety and Welfare risks in the
workplace and bring any concerns to the attention of your line
* To undertake other work that may be assigned to you from time to
* A Minimum qualification of Level 5 HCA QQI Care Skills and Level 5
QQI Care of the Elderly.
* At least one year’s experience working with this client group
* An understanding of the issues affecting people who are homeless
* Knowledge around child protection issues, mental health issues and
* The ability to work on own initiative
* Proficient IT Skills and knowledge with a database
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills both verbal and
written are essential.
* To have excellent report writing and record keeping skills
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and Garda Vetting.
Please forward a Cover Letter and CV to **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**
The closing date for receipt of applications is FRIDAY, JANUARY
**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**ND **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**
We need : English (Good)