FULL-TIME ASSISTANT SUPPORT WORKER POSITION (KILLEIGH, CO. OFFALY)
Bradbury House Ireland provide residential care for adults with Autism
Spectrum Disorder and Intellectual Disabilities. At Bradbury House
Ireland, we provide the highest quality care for service users in
accordance with the regulations and standards applicable, which is
always person centred. We provide a high standard living environment
that is safe, clean and comfortable.
* To promote a caring environment for service users through high
standards of professional practice which are conducive to the
physical, emotional, social and intellectual needs of the service
* To ensure that each service user receives care appropriate to
their individual needs, service user plan and is always person
* Capacity to assess and develop individualised support plans.
* To undertake life-skills, programmes and activities are detailed
in individual service user plans and timetables.
* To promote relationships which enable each service user to
participate in the life of the local community to the best of their
* To ensure the provision of healthcare arrangements which may
include the recording and administration of prescribed medications.
* Encourage and support service users to live as fully and
independently as possible within the local community, providing
information, emotional, organisational and practical support and
training as appropriate.
* Flexible to work relevant shifts including overnights and weekends
* Contribute to the protection of service users from abuse, follow
Bradbury House Ireland’s policies and procedures and comply with
external guidance i.e. HSE, HIQA, etc
* Minimum level 5 related to Social Care
* Excellent working knowledge of HIQA regulations and standards and
New Directions for Day Services.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills IT skills,
Report Writing Skills, Systematic approach to make efficient use of
time, Manage Workload, Good Planning Skills, Positive 'can do'
attitude, Enthusiastic, reliable and flexible, Commitment to real
community integration, Ability to initiate strong links within
* Support individuals to acquire valued social roles, Ability to
cope with Challenging Situations, Manage and Supervise Staff,
Self-Motivation and ability to use one's initiative
* Ability to work as part of a team and independently
* Previous experience within the area of social care or supporting
individuals with disabilities.
* Complete Garda Vetting on application
* Full Clean Driving Licence (which permits the holder to drive in
Ireland) is essential for all positions in the Bradbury House Ireland
(Provisional Licences are NOT acceptable / Automatic Licences are NOT
* Eligibility to work in Ireland.
* Third Level degree as Social Care Worker
* Previous experience with supporting individuals with Autism
Spectrum Disorder and Intellectual Disability.
* Experience of Supervising a Team.
Please forward your CV and cover letter by email to **APPLY ON THE
CVs must provide full details of all relevant experience &
Qualifications. Any gaps must be clarified.
Interviews will take place periodically in the coming weeks and
positions offered in line with service need
Closing date for applications: **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**/**APPLY ON THE
WEBSITE**/**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**. Based in Tullamore area.
We need : English (Good)