REF EM**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**
The Iveagh Trust is the longest established provider of social housing
in Ireland, building sustainable communities since **Apply on the
Today, the Trust provides over 1,**Apply on the website** units of
accommodation across Dublin, offering a range of housing options
including supported housing for older people, the Iveagh Hostel for
homeless men and general needs housing for families.
The Trust now wishes to add to the Housing Management Team by
recruiting a full-time Estate Manager.
POSITION: ESTATE MANAGER
REFERENCE: EM**Apply on the website**
REPORTING TO: Director of Housing
HOURS: **Apply on the website** hours per week*
*(working alternate weekends and some bank holidays on a rota basis).
PROBATIONARY PERIOD: 6 months
STAFF BENEFITS: The Iveagh Trust offers excellent terms and conditions
PENSION: Membership of a Defined Contribution pension scheme following
successful completion of the probationary period.
TRAVEL: The post requires use of a car for business purposes. The
applicant must have a full clean driver’s license. Mileage allowance
An Iveagh Trust Estate Manager is a unique role, combining that of
property manager with that of community manager and “good
neighbour”. With over **Apply on the website** years of tradition in
the role, an Estate Manager is the face of the Trust for the
communities we serve and plays a critical role in the Iveagh Trust
commitment to build communities.
The role involves:
* Managing all aspects of designated Iveagh Trust developments
* Delivering excellent service to tenants
* Maintaining and developing the Iveagh Trust ethos of
PRINCIPAL TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The list below indicates the main duties and responsibilities of the
post and is not exclusive of any other tasks or functions that it
would be reasonable to expect the post holder to perform.
* Overall responsibility for the management of designated
developments to include the physical, social and community aspects of
life on an Iveagh Trust estate.
* Ensuring the highest standards of property management.
* Oversee the general safety, cleanliness, upkeep and presentation
of the estate.
* Direct and supervise caretaking staff in cleaning common areas,
refuse collections, minor repairs and general upkeep of Estates
* Log repair requests electronically through the Trust’s housing
* Manage repairs, maintenance and refurbishment programmes as
* Work with Iveagh Trust departments and contractors to ensure the
estate is well-maintained and repairs are dealt with quickly and
* Liaise with residents to ensure any maintenance issues are dealt
* Inspect properties annually and when they become vacant and report
on their condition.
* Manage void surveying and turnaround with Property Management
* Deal effectively with emergencies such as flood, fire, lift
breakdowns etc that may occur.
* Ensure that the Iveagh Trust’s Health and Safety Policies and
Procedures and other Policies are adhered to at all times
* Provide written monthly reports on property management activities.
* Collect rents using computerised system, prepare cash for
collection and balance takings at end of rent session.
* Meet with prospective tenants to show properties, explain terms of
occupancy, provide local information and sign tenancy agreement.
* Deal with all tenants in a courteous, discreet and helpful manner
at all times
* Investigate complaints, disturbances and breaches of tenancy and
resolve problems tactfully, diplomatically and courteously.
* Provide regular reports on Estate issues.
* Attend meetings as required, sometimes out of hours.
* Work with Housing Department in the response to arrears issues,
anti-social behaviour and engagement with RTB processes.
* Welcome tenants to the community and help them integrate and settle
* Foster a sense of community and belonging, getting to know each
tenant, and providing a point of contact for them.
* Work with Iveagh Trust Departments and nominated agents to deliver
a programme of activities and events for residents.
* Develop relations with the wider community and agencies working in
the local area.
* Identify needs and work collaboratively to find solutions to
* Represent the Trust at events and meetings as required.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES:
* Experience of residential property management, facilities
management, social housing management, or analogous area.
* Understanding of social housing system and/or RTB legislation.
* Excellent people skills, helpful and empathetic attitude
* Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office.
* Full clean driving licence
* Ability to manage staff
* Good written and communication skills including report writing
* Be willing to attend training courses
Full training and induction will be provided
* Relevant qualification
* PRSA licence
* Other relevant skills or experience (trade, etc)
Applications must include the job reference code: EM**APPLY ON THE
Please send an up-to-date CV along with cover letter outlining your
suitability for the post to:
Mr. John Mahony
Director of Housing
The Iveagh Trust
Bull Alley Street
Or, by email to: **Apply on the website**
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS: MONDAY 5 FEBRUARY **APPLY ON THE
WEBSITE** AT NOON.
Replies only to selected interviewees.
_THE IVEAGH TRUST IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER._
We need : English (Good)