Novas is a voluntary organisation and Approved Housing Body working
with families, children and single adults who are disadvantaged and
socially excluded; primarily those who are homeless or at risk of
being homeless. We provide a range of housing, health and recovery
services and accommodation for marginalised households throughout
Ireland primarily using a trauma informed approach (all staff are
trauma informed and trained) and a harm reduction model of support. We
also provide bespoke community based supported living services for
persons that find themselves homeless with complex support
requirements on both the Intellectual Disability and Mental Health
Novas are currently seeking applications from energetic and
enthusiastic individuals to join our team as Project Worker at our TEP
located in Limerick City. The successful candidates will be afforded
necessary training and development in line with the role. Candidates
must be highly motivated, creative and experienced with a passion for
engaging with clients who are homeless/at risk of homelessness.
POSITION: PROJECT WORKER (**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** HOURS PER WEEK)
CONTRACT: 6 MONTHS FIXED TERM (SUBJECT TO FUNDING)
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
* Third level qualification-minimum Level 7 preferably in social care
or equivalent and capable of CORU registration.
* One year’s experience of working with single homeless people
and/or other vulnerable groups.
* Availability to work varying shifts including early, late, waking
* Demonstrate the ability to treat the client group in a non-
judgmental way from a trauma informed perspective, which under pins
Novas service delivery.
* Understanding of a low threshold service and harm reduction model
* An understanding of the nature of homelessness and the needs of
single homeless people.
* An ability to treat the client group in a non-judgmental and
Please see attached Job Description and Peron Specification for more
Closing Date for receipt of completed application forms is **APPLY ON
THE WEBSITE**ND JANUARY **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**
For further information please visit
We need : English (Good)