NIGHT SUPPORT WORKER
Applications are sought for a _NIGHT SUPPORT WORKER _with Redclyffe,
Good Shepherd Cork.
Redclyffe, Good Shepherd Cork, provides emergency accommodation for up
to **Apply on the website** families experiencing homelessness. The
NIGHT SUPPORT WORKER will be required to meet the needs of the
residents by providing a caring service in conjunction with staff
members, and others involved in their welfare.
This is a full time permanent position working **Apply on the
website** hours per week over a six week rolling rota. This is a night
shift work position and requires evening, night and weekend work. Some
flexibility will be required around working hours. There is the
possibility of additional hours to cover leave.
REPORTING TO THE MANAGER THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
* Have an understanding of why families become homeless and the
issues they present with, and what supports can be offered.
* A knowledge of and a willingness to work from a trauma informed
perspective and a strengths based model.
* Candidates must have a relevant qualification to a minimum of
FETAC level 5 e.g. social care/ community care etc.
* Excellent interpersonal and teamworking skills.
* Have an excellent knowledge of Children’s First Guidelines for
Child Protection and Safeguarding.
* Experience working nights, shift work, and/ or lone working would
be an advantage.
* Ability to demonstrate the skills required to work in the area of
homelessness and/or residential care.
* Capable of responding calmly in a crisis and use your own
initiatives to deal with incidents as they arise.
* Professional, caring and empathetic approach to working with
vulnerable adults, children and families.
* Good I.T Skills
* Commitment to the vision, mission and values of Good Shepherd
Please see job description attached to this advert.
To apply please submit your application (on GSC Application Form) and
cover letter to **Apply on the website**
The closing date for application is 5pm, Friday **Apply on the
website**th January **Apply on the website**
We need : English (Good)