POSITION TITLE: HOUSING CASE WORKER
PROGRAMME: Crosscare Homeless Services
THE EMPLOYER Crosscare, Clonliffe College, Dublin 3. Crosscare is the
social care agency of the Dublin Diocese and is a registered charity.
Crosscare delivers services with a servant leadership ethos.
Crosscare’s Homeless Services operate a range of residential
services targeting adults & families experiencing homelessness. The
services aim to move people out of homelessness and into homes of
WORK SCHEDULE: Full Time **Apply on the website**.5 Hours per week. 7
day rota (including evening & weekends – Days).
CONTRACT TYPE: 1 Year Fixed Term Contract
SALARY: €**Apply on the website**’**Apply on the website** (Band
LOCATION: Amiens St TEA, **Apply on the website**/**Apply on the
website** Amiens Street, Dublin 1
REPORTS TO: Project Leader/Deputy Project leader
* Admit residents to the service, ensuring he/she is provided with a
full induction and welcome
* Complete a comprehensive assessment (HNA) where required with an
allocated case load of residents & to identify each individual
appropriate housing option.
* Provide support to residents to establish tenancies by assisting
them to identify suitable properties. This may include tasks such as
searching relevant press publications and websites, contacting and
visiting landlords and letting agencies.
* Arrange and accompany residents to viewings of properties and
support them in negotiating with landlords where appropriate. This
will include ensuring that the property meets safety standards and is
* Assist residents to understand and complete their Housing
Assistance Payment (HAP) paperwork
* Assist residents to fully understand the conditions of their
tenancy agreement and agreeing rents with landlords prior to taking up
* Accompany the residents to the tenancy signing
* Refer each resident to appropriate tenancy sustainment programmes
e.g. CLAN, Sli, Hail etc.
* Have comprehensive knowledge of local facilities and support
groups and to liaise with a broad range of external service providers
including HSE, DCC, CPS, DOSP Community support groups, DRHE and other
* To identify blocks and barriers to residents, accessing suitable
housing options and report on these as requested. Also, to highlight
external policies issues as they arise.
* To keep detailed records of outcomes and numbers of individuals
resettled as we are a target-based service.
* To work effectively as part of a team and being open to reasonable
requests from Project Leader/Deputy Project leader in order to ensure
effective working relationships.
* To cover the floor and carry out day to day running tasks as
* Minimum Level 7 DEGREE Qualification awarded by the National
Qualifications Framework (NQF) QQI e.g. Social Care, Social Policy,
Social Science, Law, Psychology, Social work, Public Health,
Auctioneering, Housing Studies, Addiction Studies or equivalent
* Applicants with a minimum of 5 YEARS EMPLOYMENT IN A DIRECTLY
TRANSFERABLE POST will be considered for the post if they have
completed the DCU Homeless Intervention & Prevention or Care & Case
Mgmt. Certificate course and/or an NFQ Level 6 in Addiction Studies
and have demonstrable additional training as detailed below
* _A minimum of 1 years working in the area of homelessness &
Knowledge of homelessness and its causes, homeless services, addiction
and mental health._
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS (BE ABLE TO DEMONSTRATE IN YOUR APPLICATION)
* Good time Management and organization skills
* Knowledge of Rebuilding Ireland, Pathways to Home, HAP, Rent
Supplement & HNAs.
* _Ability to work on a roster that includes evening and weekend
work in a residential setting._
* _Awareness of the issues arising for residents/families moving
into their own independent tenancy._
* _Experience of managing complex and challenging situation in a
* Knowledge of Children’s First & Child Protection.
* Professional Qualification in Housing e.g. ICSH/CIH membership
* Full Driving License
APPLICANTS SHOULD SEND THEIR CV (2 PAGES MAX) & COVER LETTER SHOWING
HOW THEY MEET THE SELECTION CRITERIA & E-MAIL IT TO **APPLY ON THE
PLEASE SPECIFY IN SUBJECT BAR: HOUSING CASE WORKER AMIENS STREET.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS WILL BE **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**ST
JANUARY **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** AND INTERVIEWS SCHEDULED FOR THE WEEK
OF THE 8TH FEBRUARY **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**.
_Crosscare is an equal opportunities employer
Garda Vetting will apply to this role_
We need : English (Good)