In Gheel, we focus on supporting individuals with autism through their
life journey and enabling them to have fulfilling life experiences,
while having autonomy and control over their choices and decisions.
Gheel Autism Services provides a wide range of services for adults
with autism including day and vocational opportunities, outreach
support and a variety of supported living options. Across our services
we consider how each person thinks, learns and processes information
to develop a personalised plan of support. Considering individuals
strengths and motivations, we enable people to obtain outcomes which
are meaningful to them. Our committed practitioners receive regular
training and they are equipped with the knowledge and skills to enable
each individual to have positive and meaningful life experiences. All
staff are involved in changing the culture of supporting people into a
more inclusive, independence focused style of support – where people
are encouraged to be partners in, not recipients of, their service
Due to ongoing expansion and exciting further developments, a new
vacancy has arisen for an ADVANCED AUTISM PRACTITIONER. This
opportunity has been created within our newly reformed Practice
Support Team. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate
to bring their skills and talents to Gheel.
* Access to Health Insurance
* Access to Educational Support Scheme
* Company Pension with company contribution (including income
protection and death-in-service benefits)
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
* Up to **Apply on the website** days of annual leave
* Bike to Work Scheme
* Training and Development (CPD)
* Option to join the Health Service Credit Union
ADVANCED AUTISM PRACTITIONER, BASED INITIALLY IN MARINO MART, FAIRVIEW
Good personal and professional relationships are central to
person-centred supports and the ultimate mission of Gheel is to ensure
that staff teams learn to support each individual in a truly
personalised way. The idea of ‘building lives, not services’ is
embedded in our practices and philosophy. True choice and quality can
only be achieved by this continued reflection on our practice, and
enhanced consideration of WHY we are doing what we do.
Our vision of Practice Support would be to build confident,
knowledgeable, skilled practitioners who provide support to people
with autism to live meaningful lives. This role has been created to
work with teams of support practitioners on embedding the best
practices in support theory, as well as offering guidance and support
through continuous professional development training.
* Provide training and develop ongoing CPD for the Social Care
Worker/Autism Practitioner grade on emerging legislation and best
practice research in the field.
* Provide ongoing support to Social Care Worker/Autism Practitioners
on the professional and timely documentation of need (support
planning, risk assessment, goal/future planning).
* Full review of every social care dream/goal template and work with
the practitioner/location team on the design and embedding of the
Quality of Life Framework.
* Develop specific social care support to the HR Team in designing
job descriptions, performance management tools, autism informed
documents and information for the website.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
* Level 8 award in Social Care/Studies delivered by an Institute of
Technology, DIT or National University of Ireland.
* A qualification received outside the State recognised by NARIC as
equivalent to the Irish Level 8 award.
* Relevant third level qualification at degree level (Level 8) i.e.
social work, psychology, and/or allied health.
* Post-graduate qualification in Social Care, Autism Studies and/or
* At least three-years recent experience in the social
* Experience of leading change
* Full, clean driving license with use of own car for work purposes
Successful candidates will be paid in line with **Apply on the
website** HSE revised consolidated Clerical Grade VI pay scale point
1; € **Apply on the website**,**Apply on the website** – point 7;
€ **Apply on the website**,**Apply on the website** per annum based
on working a **Apply on the website**-hour week.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and up to date
curriculum vitae to **Apply on the website**. The closing date for
receipt of all completed applications is TUESDAY, 9TH OF FEBRUARY
**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** AT 5PM. Late applications will not be
accepted Garda Vetting is a requirement of the recruitment process. A
panel may be formed with future vacancies arising over the next six
months may be filled. Informal enquiries can be made to **Apply on the
We need : English (Good)