The Dublin Well Woman Centre is a leading provider of women’s
health, sexual health and family planning services in the greater
Dublin area. We pride ourselves on particular expertise in women’s
sexual health, and on the high level of service we provide to our
WE ARE RECRUITING TO FILL TWO CLINIC NURSE POSITIONS IN OUR BUSY
CITY-CENTRE CLINIC ON LIFFEY STREET.
ONE ROLE IS PART-TIME:
Three days a week, and 2 Saturdays / month
This averages to **Apply on the website** hours / week (exact rota to
be discussed in interview and agreed).
Annual gross salary: €**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**,**APPLY ON THE
ONE ROLE IS FULL-TIME:
**Apply on the website**.5 hours / week (exact rota to be discussed in
interview and agreed).
Annual gross salary € **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**,**APPLY ON THE
WEBSITE**.**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**
Along with salary, we provide an attractive Annual Training Allowance
and Study Leave scheme to support ongoing professional development.
Both positions are being offered on the basis of a two year fixed term
LOCATION: **Apply on the website**, Lower Liffey Street, Dublin 1
FUNCTION: Effective and professional nursing functions in the Dublin
Well Woman Centre
REPORTING TO: The Operations Manager / Medical Director
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
Clinic Nurses in the Dublin Well Woman Centre ensure the smooth and
effective delivery of high-quality patient services. Clinic Nurses
will also work in conjunction with Dublin Well Woman Centre Clinic
Doctors seeing patients in clinics, and will administer tests
(including blood tests, STI tests, and cervical smears) to patients.
Administration of test results and referrals will also be a function
of this role.
The ideal candidate will be a registered general nurse or registered
midwife who is a registered smear-taker in the CervicalCheck screening
programme, and who has experience in sexual health and / or family
planning, and with strong computer skills.
* Ensure clinic administration runs smoothly, including preparing all
samples, swabs, smears, for collection by courier, and ensuring all
samples, swabs, smears and bloods are sent to the relevant testing
* Co-ordinate results of tests, and follow up and liaising with
clients regarding results.
* Operate the patient management system used for client records and
* Clean up after clinics, preparing medical rooms for the next
clinic and stocking the medical rooms.
* Ability to discuss and advise on all contraceptive options.
Dispense the contraceptive pill, and / or other medication, on the
basis of a valid Dublin Well Woman prescription.
* Perform cervical smear testing and advise clients re preventative
screening, to include arranging any colposcopy appointments as may be
* In conjunction with the Clinic Doctor, perform blood and infection
testing, and advise clients of results.
* Conduct patient work-up and provide necessary supports to Clinic
Doctor in respect of provision of early medical abortion services.
* Perform pregnancy tests, and advise clients of outcome.
* Notify Operations Manager when drugs and pharmaceutical supplies
are running low.
* Perform additional clinical functions, such as cryotherapy and
Depo Provera injections.
* Ensure the centre has a well-equipped and in-date Emergency Tray.
* Maintain Information Point / Display Area, ensuring availability
of leaflets, etc.
* Any other duties as may be assigned by the Medical Director or
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF A LETTER OF APPLICATION AND CV IS CLOSE OF
BUSINESS ON MONDAY MARCH 1ST **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**. PLEASE STATE IN
YOUR APPLICATION WHETHER YOU ARE APPLYING FOR THE PART-TIME ROLE OR
THE FULL-TIME ROLE.
EMAIL APPLICATIONS TO **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**
We need : English (Good)