RESPOND IS ONE OF THE LARGEST HOUSING ASSOCIATIONS IN IRELAND,
PROVIDING SOCIAL HOUSING AND HOMELESS SERVICES. OUR VISION IS THAT
‘EVERY FAMILY AND INDIVIDUAL IN IRELAND WILL HAVE HIGH-QUALITY
HOUSING AS PART OF A VIBRANT AND CARING COMMUNITY’. WE ARE GROWING
RAPIDLY IN RESPONSE TO THE HOUSING CRISIS AND ARE NOW LOOKING FOR THE
RIGHT PERSON WHO HAS THE PASSION AND SKILLS TO HELP US REALISE OUR
ROLE: HOMELESS SERVICE MANAGER
LOCATION: Suaimhneas, Limerick
REPORTING TO: Coordinator of Homeless services
TERMS: Fixed Term Contract – **Apply on the website** hours - Mon to
JOB PURPOSE: To lead, manage and deliver the homeless service which
respond provides at Suaimhneas ensuring the efficient operation and
provision of support to service users residing at the service.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Day-to-day Management of respond homeless service project at
* Develop a positive relationship with respond Stakeholders and act
as a Respond ambassador
* Monitor and proactively manage rent payments and minimise arrears
* Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team liaising on a daily
basis with internal and external clients and agencies
* Build relationships and represent respond to various external
bodies, groups and agencies. Including community, statutory and
* Develop the services policies and procedures.
* Adhere to professional boundaries and work in a professional
manner at all times.
* Complete accurate written records and/or reports where necessary.
* Handle enquiries, liaising with outside agencies where necessary
with a view to further development of the service
* Responsible for the general upkeep of the service
* Coordinate attend and participate in staff meetings and staff
* Identify and pursue initiatives that support the activities in the
* The development of staff management and support systems including:
* Staff recruitment, induction, training and development
* Day to day management and supervision
* Staff appraisals
* Report writing and file maintenance
* Implementation of disciplinary procedures as required
* Ensure understanding, and compliance with NQSF in the service
* Ensure staff run in-house programmes including: time management,
money management, cookery classes, nutrition, employment support,
personal development, health and beauty, child development.
_THE LIST OF TASKS IS NOT AN EXCLUSIVE ONE AND DUTIES MAY VARY FROM
TIME TO TIME._
* Work within the services’ Code of Behaviour with Children.
SAFETY AND SECURITY
* Ensure the safety and security of all residents, co-workers and the
* Respond to all safety and security related incidents, ensuring
correct service procedures are followed, and record and report such
incident as appropriate.
* Carry out and report security checks, including property checks,
occupancy checks and room checks.
* A degree in Social Skills or equivalent
* Experience of performing in a management role
* Be outgoing, self-motivated, relaxed and enthusiastic & flexible
* Ability to demonstrate leadership and organisational skills
* Experience of working with budgets and targets
* Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
* Excellent report writing and administration skills
* Good computer skills
* Garda Vetting will be conducted on an ongoing basis
PLEASE SEND A CV AND A COVERING LETTER TO **APPLY ON THE
WEBSITE** BEFORE THE CLOSING OF BUSINESS MONDAY, **APPLY ON THE
WEBSITE**ND FEBRUARY **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**.
We need : English (Good)