AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines
that solve serious health issues today and address the medical
challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on
people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology,
oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and
gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its
Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie,
please visit us at . Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram,
YouTube and LinkedIn.
Ready to make a Worldwide impact? We OFFER that.
Want to have a thriving career? We OFFER that.
Ready to drive innovation? We OFFER that too.
Welcome to AbbVie!
At AbbVie, we offer you the resources and a global reach to empower
your innovative mindset. From day one, we’ve known it takes teamwork
and collaboration to develop the scientific breakthroughs, innovative
pipelines, and therapies that change millions of patients’ lives
around the world. In short, we know it takes “you” to make those
ground-breaking advancements happen. We take pride in serving and
supporting our communities and protecting the environment, making a
lasting impact that**Apply on the website**;s felt within healthcare
We are now recruiting a Quality Laboratory Supervisor to join our
diverse ATL team in Westport. The Laboratory Supervisor is responsible
for the planning, supervision and control of the testing schedule for
all Westport manufactured product and all product included in the
Global Stability program. Testing is to be performed in line with
Corporate Standards and FDA, HPRA and other MOH regulatory
requirements. This schedule compliance will be achieved by having a
continued “on the floor” presence within the laboratory area
actively engaging with, challenging and motivating team members.
So let’s tell you a little more about this role…
• You will lead and provide motivation to the team and take
appropriate corrective action on individual/team performance where
• As part of this diverse and inclusive team, you will share your
knowledge and actively participate in the training and certification
of new employees.
• You will hold performance meetings according to company policy.
• We believe in collaboration so in this role, you will partner with
TA and take an active role in the recruitment of team members.
• You will update TMS and take appropriate action where an
individual’s attendance / timekeeping is below the expected
• In this role you will ensure that all aspects of the area of
responsibility are fully staffed and that any constraints are managed
• You will also ensure all activities are completed in line with
regulatory (QA and EHS) and corporate requirements.
• You will provide required date per testing timelines to support
product release and the global stability program.
• You will provide team KPI data.
• You will attend Departmental and APEX meetings; Safety Gembas,
Green Team Meetings
• You will hold the agreed number of Team Meetings and Andon Board
• You will review and approve local and corporate documents.
• Work directly with other Laboratory Testing Leads to ensure that
all testing is completed as per schedule.
• You will facilitate movement of personnel among testing teams in
order to ensure that the collective testing schedules are achieved.
• You will work in conjunction with the laboratory trainer to ensure
that sufficient technicians are proficient in the necessary product
• You will have a relevant third level qualification (Degree Level
or master’s Preferable).
Technical Skills and Experience
• Proven track record in direct people management
• Scientific qualification in relevant discipline
• Knowledge of laboratory GMP standards
• Ability to articulate clearly when dealing with external bodies
• Excellent conflict handling skills
So, does this all sound like the right role for you? Then come join
AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing
together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative
solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work
JOB LEVEL CODE
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse
backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As
an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including
pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic
information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital
status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected
We need : English (Good)