Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) combines software and systems
engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed,
fault-tolerant systems. SRE ensures that Google**Apply on the
website**;s services—both our internally critical and our
externally-visible systems—have reliability, uptime appropriate to
users**Apply on the website**; needs and a fast rate of improvement.
Additionally SRE’s will keep an ever-watchful eye on our systems
capacity and performance. Much of our software development focuses on
optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and eliminating
work through automation.
On the SRE team, you’ll have the opportunity to manage the complex
challenges of scale which are unique to Google, while using your
expertise in coding, algorithms, complexity analysis and large-scale
SRE**Apply on the website**;s culture of diversity, intellectual
curiosity, problem solving and openness is key to its success. Our
organization brings together people with a wide variety of
backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We encourage them to
collaborate, think big and take risks in a blame-free environment. We
promote self-direction to work on meaningful projects, while we also
strive to create an environment that provides the support and
mentorship needed to learn and grow.
TO LEARN MORE: check out our books on Site Reliability Engineering,
watch a recorded Hangout on Air to meet some of our SREs, or read a
career profile about why a Software Engineer chose to join SRE.
As Senior Staff Software Engineer, you**Apply on the website**;ll
leverage your technical ability to look at a wide spectrum of systems
driving solutions to large scale problems. You will provide technical
leadership across multiple SRE teams and product engineering teams.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by
the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing
and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of
Google platforms, we make Google**Apply on the website**;s product
portfolio possible. We**Apply on the website**;re proud to be our
engineers**Apply on the website**; engineers and love voiding
warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our
networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest
* Be responsible for delivery of complex projects across the
* Lead designs of major software components, systems, and features
to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of
Google**Apply on the website**;s services.
* Lead sustainable incident response, blameless postmortems, and
production improvements that result in direct business opportunities
* Provide guidance to other team members on managing end-to-end
availability and performance of mission critical services, on building
automation to prevent problem recurrence, and on building automated
responses for non-exceptional service conditions.
* Mentor and train other team members on design techniques and
coding standards, and to cultivate innovation and collaboration across
* Experience programming in one or more of the following languages:
C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl, or Ruby.
* Experience with algorithms and data structures and/or Unix/Linux
systems internals and administration.
* Experience in leading team(s) of experienced engineers on
* Experience delivering critical products with business impact.
* Bachelor**Apply on the website**;s degree in Computer Science,
similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience as a technical influencer for highly scalable
distributed system designs.
* Excellent analytical problem solving, troubleshooting, and project
We need : English (Good)