TNC (TRAVELLERS OF NORTH CORK) LTD.
ARE SEEKING TO EMPLOY A:
TRAVELLER COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKER (TCHW)
Based in Doneraile, County Cork , with regular travel to
Fermoy/Mitchelstown and other areas as needed (**Apply on the
website** hours per week)
Salary: €**Apply on the website**,**Apply on the website** per annum
€ **Apply on the website**,**Apply on the website** per annum
(mentoring phase rate)
This is a Traveller peer led programme, whereby Travellers engage and
work with their own community, as part of the TNC Primary Health Care
Project, who work towards improving the health status (physical,
social and mental wellbeing) of Travellers, and achieving equality of
outcomes for the Traveller Community in North Cork.
THE TCHW WILL:
* Identify the health needs of Travellers in North Cork using a
Community Development approach.
* Support Travellers in North Cork to access existing services that
impact on health and contribute to the promotion of health in the
* Work in partnership with relevant services to influence both
Policy and Practice.
* Be committed to working in an Equal Opportunities setting.
THE TCHW CANDIDATES MUST HAVE:
* Experience and/or qualification in Primary Health Care Programme,
Community Development, Community Health Advocacy or any relevant
training or experience.
* And an understanding of the issues effecting the Traveller
Community and Traveller Health.
* In addition candidates must have: A good standard of literacy,
basic computer skills and have a full driving licence and access to a
vehicle for work purposes.
Further details can be obtained by emailing: **Apply on the website**
or tel. **Apply on the website**. Closing date for receipt of
applications: Monday **Apply on the website**th March 1pm.
This is a re-advertisement of the post, previous applicants who were
offered interviews need not reapply as you will be contacted with a
new interview date.
_This post is funded by Traveller Health Unit / HSE_
We need : English (Good)