The Portfolio Office Director leads the information technology
portfolio office discipline for a business group globally. An
organization responsible for developing and ensuring compliance with
agreed upon project controls. Supports the planning and scheduling of
projects, change management, project metrics production and analysis.
The position reports into the Executive Director of the ePMO for
Corporate and helps plan annual portfolios based on business needs,
manage portfolio health, risks, dependencies, and compliance, and
develop standard project/program delivery methodologies to be used
across all BUs and regions.
HOW YOU AND YOUR TEAM DO IT
Enterprise Roll-Up of IT Investment Portfolio, Capacity Planning,
Common Processes for Ways of Working
* Orchestrate the development of annual IT project portfolios based
on business and IT strategies
* Lead the team to collaborate with IT Finance to track actual
versus expected cost and value for project teams and committed scope;
for agile projects, engage in Lean funding model rather than
Project-based funding or cost accounting
* Develop IT portfolio performance metrics and lead quarterly
reviews with IT Leadership Team
* Evaluate portfolio performance and identify opportunities for
improvement in execution of the portfolio
* Maintain the official record of annual project investments and
resource requirements across the project/program portfolio
PROJECT AND PORTFOLIO GOVERNANCE
* Measure and communicate progress and status across projects and
identify overall cross-project risks, issues, and dependencies; for
agile projects, measure progress based on value-centric measures
rather than project requirements
* Work with the Team to support and develop portfolio and project
dashboards and reports that can be used consistently across the
* Working with the PMO Leads help facilitate project approval (CAR
and VMO GO) and prioritization processes for projects within the
* Assist in the review across the Portfolio of each major project at
Phase end for deliverables, sign offs, project metrics (including
cost) and focus on objectives
* Regularly monitor planning and execution of the programs and
projects in the portfolio to assist delivery
* Support and develop the templates for projects with the PMO Leads
and ensure their consistent use among the Project Managers. Work with
PM’s to develop new templates.
* Develop and monitor adoption of project/program delivery tools,
methodologies, and standards across the enterprise
* Support and develop the current PMO tools and ensure consistent use
among the Project Managers. Drive the development and future direction
on PMO Tools with the PMO Leads.
* Ensure consistency across the Project and Portfolio Management
tools by educating and training staff on the way we use them
* Build the capabilities to monitor and analyze resource
requirements across the IT Portfolio to identify potential issues and
assess capacity to meet the current and future demands of the business
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
* A Bachelor**Apply on the website**;s degree in Computer
Science/Computer Engineering or project management field from an
accredited 4 year university.
* **Apply on the website**+ years experience managing large
multidisciplinary projects with multiple teams located domestically
* Minimum of 5 years experience in both Waterfall and Agile project
methodologies for a total of 5 years experience in managing projects
as a program/project manager, PMO or scrum master.
* Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, with excellent
time management skills.
* Experience and comfortable in working in a dynamic fast paced
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Excellent command of English language.
* Strong Leadership skills and ability to influence and lead in
driving projects to delivery.
* Project Management (PMI), Program Management, or Professional
(PMP, PRINCE2) or Agile methodologies certification strongly preferred
We need : English (Good)