POSITION TITLE: FAMILY SUPPORT WORKER ( 2 POSITIONS AVAILABLE)
PROGRAMME: Dublin West Family Support Programme (funded by Tusla)
LOCATION Dublin West (Clondalkin, Ronanstown & Lucan area)
WORK SCHEDULE: Full time **Apply on the website**.5 hours per week
CONTRACT TYPE: One Year Fixed Term, with possible extension depending
SALARY: Band D of Crosscare Scale starting at €**Apply on the
website**,**Apply on the website** (Depending on experience)
ROLE PURPOSE: To work intensively with a caseload of families who have
family members engaging with Youth Services and Garda Youth Diversion
Projects in the Clondalkin, Ronanstown & Lucan areas of the Dublin
REPORTS TO: Relevant Youth Service Manager
* Engage with approximately **Apply on the website** - **Apply on the
website** families depending on the level of need and intensity of
* Providing Parents with the Tools/Skills to parent a young person
with difficult behaviours in a positive, nurturing and assertive way.
To provide a safe place for the parents to address their own issues or
any underlying issues the family needs to address and work on.
* Liaise with relevant stakeholders who will identify particular
families who will benefit most from the support of a Family Support
* Carry out needs based interventions which promote pro-social
behavior and support the parents and young people involved to make
positive life choices.
* Roll out evidence based parenting programmes relevant to the needs
of families, e.g. Parents Plus; Strengthening Families; etc.
* Deliver issue based group and support sessions.
* Carry out home visits.
* Family Support Worker and Youth Justice Workers/Youth Workers to
meet regularly to discuss issues arising and explore or be
familiarized with the responses/wrap around services being delivered
to all family members.
* In consultation with line manager, manage caseload according to
intensity of case and geographical location.
* Assessment and development of case plan with the family in
relation to the level and nature of support required.
* Producing bi monthly reports on project activity.
* Attending regular supervision/meetings with line manager.
* Sourcing and/or provision of courses and individual work to
parents to develop their parenting and personal skills.
* Reporting child safeguarding concerns in line with Crosscare’s
Child Safeguarding Policy.
* Ensure compliance with the provisions of the Health & Safety and
Welfare at Work Act (**Apply on the website**) and other relevant
* Any other duties as directed by the line management.
* Maintain confidentiality at all times in line with Crosscare’s
Data Protection Policy and work in line with the General Data
Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act **Apply on
* A recognised relevant third level qualification in Youth Work or
equivalent with a minimum of 3 years experience.
* A proven record of working with young people and their families.
* An understanding/knowledge of GYDP’s and how they work.
* Some experience in training and/or facilitation is desirable.
* A working knowledge of computers.
* The ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
* Excellent communication and relationship building skills are
essential for this post
* A full driver’s license and access to own car is essential.
To apply, please send an up to date CV and Cover Letter to: **Apply on
the website**. Clearly starting in the subject line: Family Support
Worker – Dublin West.
CLOSING DATE FOR ALL APPLICATIONS IS: FRIDAY, **APPLY ON THE
WEBSITE**TH MARCH **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**.
CROSSCARE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.
_THIS JOB OFFER WILL BE MADE SUBJECT TO GARDA VETTING_
We need : English (Good)