ORGANISATIONAL CONTEXT: YMCA Dublin has been working with young people
in Dublin City for over **Apply on the website** years. We run
programmes in youth work, education, family support, community
childcare and community employment. To support our services, we run
two social enterprises – YMCA Gyms in Aungier Street and Sandymount,
and YMCA Childcare in Aungier Street.
We have recently created our strategic plan **Apply on the website**
and have the aspirational goal of establishing at least 3 new
community spaces. These will provide purpose built facilities offering
a wide range of community activities and facilities, including high
JOB PURPOSE; The Childcare Manager will deploy their specialist early
years skills in our current childcare service based in Aungier st
Dublin 2. The role requires line managing, support and supervision of
the current YMCA Childcare Management team. You will have
accountability for embedding the highest standards of early years
practice in the setting by creating a standardised approach for
delivery of high quality services.
The successful candidate will have strong knowledge and experience in
regulation, inspection and registration of childcare settings. The
successful candidate should be able to communicate effectively with
Managers and staff and implement and work within the values of the
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provide line management to the Aungier st YMCA Childcare Management
team and staff.
* Efficiently delegate tasks to your team members
* Be aware of the regulatory and legislative environment for
childcare settings (including Tulsa and other relevant organisations).
* Support the setting to successfully evaluate the quality of the
childcare environment and staff-child interactions.
* Keep up to date with emerging research and apply findings to
inform YMCA’s childcare ethos and delivery.
* Create and implement training programmes for developing the skills
* Develop and actively implement a range of standardised policies
and procedures in accordance with the childcare guidelines and the
* Access appropriate funding opportunities
* Ensure that YMCA Childcare implements exciting and inspirational
child-led, play based curriculum utilising the outdoors as much as
* Be responsible for childcare HR including; Leading staff meetings,
conducting staff reviews, managing sick days and annual leave,
recruitment and selection of staff & contract management.
* Be competent in establishing relationships with parents and taking
the lead on parental communications
* Work with your team to ensure that all aspects of Childcare
Finance is managed effectively.
* Ensure compliance with all YMCA policies and procedures. These
include Child protection, Health and Safety, Human Resources and
* To undertake any other duties and responsibilities reasonably
requested by the management of YMCA Dublin.
KEY COMPETENCIES & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES. YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO
DEMONSTRATE THE FOLLOWING KEY SKILLS:
* A genuine enthusiasm for driving and achieving high quality
services for young children working collaboratively and innovatively
with other YMCA services to do so.
* Enthusiasm for the work and values of YMCA Dublin.
* Specialist in Child Care practice with an excellent understanding
of the differing developmental needs of children and a strong advocate
of early years
* Strong IT skills; working knowledge of Google Drive and ECCEsoft
would be beneficial for this role
* Be able to bring a critical perspective and provide constructive
feedback when needed.
* The ability to collect data, define problems, establish facts and
draw valid conclusions
* Planning, organisational and time management skills
* Understanding of Team strategies and objectives
* The motivation to learn and constantly improve processes
* Demonstrable leadership qualities able to motivate and develop
others and self
* Excellent drafting and written communication
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
LEADERSHIP: Act as a role model, providing inspirational leadership,
management, support and development.
STRATEGIC PLANNING AND REPORTING; Stimulate growth by providing
direction, guidance and support to develop strategies and models to
meet strategic objectives.
RELATIONSHIPS; Collaborate with YMCA Senior Management and other key
managers to develop the charity in line with its vision, strategy and
* Relevant degree level qualification.
* Experience in Childcare management role.
* Ability to operate and lead change
* Demonstrable ability to meet targets
SALARY: €**Apply on the website**,**Apply on the website** - **Apply
on the website**,**Apply on the website** per annum
ANNUAL LEAVE: **Apply on the website** days (inclusive of 2# YMCA
leave days; Good Friday & Christmas Eve)
HOURS OF WORK: **Apply on the website**.5 not including breaks
CHILDCARE: **Apply on the website**% discount
Applications are invited by way of a CV and Cover Letter to be sent to
**Apply on the website**.
Closing Date for Application: Sunday **Apply on the website**st March
Interviews to be held; **Apply on the website**th **Apply on the
website**th & **Apply on the website**th March.
We need : English (Good)