In Gheel, we focus on supporting individuals with autism through their
life journey and enabling them to have fulfilling life experiences,
while having autonomy and control over their choices and decisions.
Gheel Autism Services provides a wide range of services for adults
with autism including day and vocational opportunities, outreach
support and a variety of supported living options. Across our services
we consider how each person thinks, learns, and processes information
to develop a personalised plan of support. Considering individuals
strengths and motivations, we enable people to obtain outcomes which
are meaningful to them. Our committed practitioners receive regular
training and they are equipped with the knowledge and skills to enable
each individual to have positive and meaningful life experiences. All
staff are central to changing the culture of supporting people into a
more inclusive, independence focused style of support – where people
are encouraged to be partners in, not recipients of, the design of the
* Access to Health Insurance
* Access to Educational Support Scheme
* Company pension with company
* contribution (including income protection and death-in-service
* Employee Assistant Programme
* Free Parking
* Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave
* Up to **Apply on the website** days Annual leave
* Bike to Work scheme
* Training and development (CPD)
* Option to join the Health Service credit union
Due to the on-going expansion of our service, we currently have the
RESIDENTIAL VACANCIES, CO. KILDARE
A. SOCIAL CARE WORKER / AUTISM PRACTITIONER – RESIDENTIAL ROSTER
–– PERMANENT, PART-TIME 0.**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** WTE,
COOLCARRIGAN & PROSPEROUS, CO. KILDARE
Gheel Autism Services provides supported living services across Dublin
and North Kildare. With this type of support the emphasis is on the
development of skills for independent living, recognising individual
goals and aspirations and enabling people to be active participants in
their local community. The support is provided in line with the
individual needs and choices of the person, based on assessment of
social, personal and healthcare needs. Staff have the opportunity to
work on skill development in context, building capacity for
interdependence in community and social networks. In addition, we
enable adults to develop essential everyday skills such as: money
management, self-care, laundry, general housekeeping and cooking
The successful candidates will act as a strong role model, demonstrate
a commitment to developing a person-centred culture and provide the
people we support with emotional support while contributing positively
to their health and wellbeing.
For this position, the roster consists a mix of **Apply on the
website**-hour shifts and day service hours, you will work
approximately 1 sleepover per fortnight as part of a rolling roster.
A full, clean driving licence is required for the above positions.
DAY SERVICE VACANCIES, CO. KILDARE
B. SUPPORT WORKER – DAY SERVICES - COMMUNITY SUPPORT TEAM –
PERMANENT (1.**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** WTE), COOLCARRIGAN & PROSPEROUS,
C. SUPPORT WORKER – DAY SERVICES - COMMUNITY SUPPORT TEAM –
PERMANENT (0.**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** WTE), MAYNOOTH, CO.KILDARE
Gheel Autism Services provides Day Support Services across Dublin and
North Kildare. These allows us to offer unique and personalised
services which are based on the choices, needs and aspirations of the
individual. Our day services are in process of working towards a New
Directions model of service delivery. This is also to suit the
individual sensory and support needs of adults with autism.
The Support Worker will in conjunction with the work of the
Practitioners assist in the development of independent living skills,
education and employment possibilities and social and leisure groups.
The successful candidates will be required to work across all
locations on a roster basis.
Applicants must have full, clean driving licence. The successful
candidate will be expected to work across Monday to Sunday, **Apply on
the website**am – 6pm. This role will require flexibility in the
days worked to facilitate the needs of the person being supported.
_ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR AUTISM PRACTITIONER/SOCIAL CARE WORKER
A summary of the requirements for this post is as follows:
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POST:
* Level 7 award in Social Care/Studies delivered by an Institute of
Technology, DIT or National University of Ireland
* A relevant qualification received outside the State recognised by
NARIC as equivalent to the Irish Level 7 award.
* Relevant third level qualification at degree level i.e. social
work, psychology, and/or allied health.
* Post-graduate qualification in Autism Studies
SALARY SCALE: Successful candidates will be paid in line with **Apply
on the website** HSE revised consolidated Social Care Worker pay scale
point 1; €**Apply on the website**,**Apply on the website** –
point **Apply on the website**; € **Apply on the website**,**Apply
on the website** per annum based on working a **Apply on the
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE FOR AUTISM PRACTITIONER/SOCIAL CARE WORKERS:
* At least one-year recent experience in the social care/disability
* Experience of dealing with safeguarding and welfare
responsibilities and responding appropriately to any concerns.
* Experience in liaising and networking with community services.
* Ability to promote independence – supporting others to learn how
* Commitment to the values of Gheel and the philosophy of
* An understanding of the social model of disability.
* Be a mindful reflective professional.
* Experience of supporting individuals with a diagnosis of ASD.
* Demonstrated experience to meet tight deadlines.
* Full, clean drivers’ licence.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR SUPPORT WORKER POST:
* Fetac Level 5 or equivalent in social care
* Qualification in Health or Social Science
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE FOR SUPPORT WORKERS:
* At least one-year recent experience in the social care/disability
* Experience working with adults with autism.
* A full, clean drivers licence
* Successful candidates will be paid in line with **Apply on the
website** HSE revised consolidated Care Assistant pay scale point 2;
€**Apply on the website**,**Apply on the website** – point **Apply
on the website**; € **Apply on the website**,**Apply on the
website** per annum based on working a **Apply on the website**-hour
week. There is **Apply on the website** days annual leave per annum
pro rata with this role.
To apply for one of the above positions please send your C.V to
**Apply on the website**. In the subject line please advise what
position you are applying for by stating KILDARE, POSITION A, B OR C.
Applicants will be shortlisted for interview based on the evidence
outlined in their C.V.
The closing date for receipt of all completed applications is Monday,
5th of April @5pm. Late applications will not be accepted.
_Garda vetting is a requirement of the recruitment process._
We need : English (Good)