POSITION TITLE: HOUSING TEAM LEADER
PROGRAMME: Homeless Services
THE EMPLOYER Crosscare, Clonliffe College, Dublin 3. Crosscare is the
social care agency of the Dublin Diocese and is a registered charity.
Crosscare delivers services with a servant leadership ethos.
Crosscare’s Homeless Services operate a range of residential
services targeting adults & families experiencing homelessness. The
services aim to move people out of homelessness and into homes of
WORK SCHEDULE: Full Time **Apply on the website**.5 Hours per week. 7
day rota (including evening & weekends – Days).
CONTRACTS: Permanent Housing Team Leader
SALARY: Band E (€**Apply on the website**’**Apply on the website**
- €**Apply on the website**’**Apply on the website**) – Team
LOCATION: Family Hub STA, Clonliffe Road, Dublin 3
REPORTS TO: Project Leader/ Deputy Project
* Working on own initiative, demonstrating accountability and
* Being an effective role model for all staff;
* Being supportive and open to change, providing leadership and
direction throughout any change process;
* Identifying and promoting best practice and being committed to
always act in accordance with Crosscare’s policies and procedures;
* Committed to Crosscare’s Servant Leadership approach and the
values of love, respect and excellence
HOUSING AND CASE MANAGEMENT
* Take the lead with the HCW’s to Secure the appropriate housing
option for each family and assist their move into the tenancy.
* To establish relationship with letting agents, landlords, local
authorities and other established links in order to better support the
* Ensuring that team members are implementing the case management
system, from referral stage to disengagement, including assessment,
orientation, relationship management, development of individual plans
and transition planning;
* Liaise with Community Welfare Services re grants and provide
settlement support until appropriate supports are put in place
* Have comprehensive knowledge of local facilities and support
groups and to liaise with the key working team and broad range of
external service providers including TUSLA, DCC, SDCC, FCC, AHB’s,
CPS, DOSP Community support groups, DRHE and other key stakeholders.
* Advocate for families to ensure they are eligible for all rental
and social welfare supports they are entitled to in relation to their
housing move on.
* To advocate on behalf of families and reduce resistance to
resettlement of people experiencing homelessness within the community.
* To identify blocks and barriers to families. Accessing suitable
housing options and report on these as requested. Also to highlight
external policies issues as they arise.
* Accompany families to viewings and negotiate tenancy with
* To keep detailed records of outcomes and numbers of individuals
resettled as we are a target based service.
* To provide written reports on any aspect of the service as
STAFF AND HOUSE KEEPING:
* Working rostered hours to suit the efficient functioning of the
service and the adequate support of day and night staff
* Carry out duties within the Project, including floor cover for the
delivery of our residential service.
* Providing coaching and supervision for both day and night staff as
* Helping to review Policies & Procedures on an ongoing basis and
assisting the management team in drawing up any new Policies required
for the safe & efficient running of the project;
* Ensuring the efficient and safe functioning of the service taking
into account up-to-date Health & Safety regulations and ensuring
sufficient Health & Safety awareness amongst staff;
* Reports – ensuring Daily Handover is communicated properly and
efficiently daily. Reporting on residents is completed daily and sent
to relevant parties;
* Time Keeping – following up on any lates/absences with staff
* Helping with rostering of staff shifts and catering for planned
absence (e.g. Annual Leave) and Unplanned absence (e.g. Sick Leave);
* Ensuring client notes, Care Plans, and all electronic and paper
files are kept in accordance with Crosscare’s GDPR Policy on holding
information about resident;
* Ensuring the PASS system and statistics are updated daily;
* working an on-call system
* Supporting the management team as required;
* Assisting with recruitment process where required;
* Assisting management with any disciplinary, grievance issues in
line with Crosscare policy;
* Any other reasonable duties as required by the Project Leader.
* A relevant third level degree qualification (Level 7) in the area
of Social Care, Social Policy, Addiction Studies, Social Science,
Housing & Welfare or equivalent is essential;
* A minimum of 3 years’ experience within a social care or
* Child Protection Training
* Knowledge of current Housing Policies and Framework
* Knowledge of the National Quality Standards Framework.
* Professional Qualification e.g. ICSH/CIH membership
* Practical knowledge and/or experience of supervising staff
* Knowledge of Signs of Safety in accordance with TUSLA
* Work experience and employment in homeless services, addiction
services residential services, community and/or the youth work sector.
* ADDITIONAL TRAINING:
* Mental health
* First Aid, CPR, AED
* Case Management
Applicants should send their CV (2 pages max) & cover letter showing
how they meet the selection criteria & e-mail it to **APPLY ON THE
WEBSITE** . STATING IN THE SUBJECT LINE: HOUSING CASE TEAM LEADER
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS WILL BE THE **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**TH
OF APRIL **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**. INTERVIEWS HELD THE WEEK OF THE
**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**TH APRIL **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**.
_CROSSCARE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
Garda Vetting will apply to this role_
We need : English (Good)