PILOT PROJECT - FIXED TERM CONTRACT (**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** MONTHS)-
COMMUNICATIONS & TRAINING OFFICER- **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** HOURS PER
Amber, Women’s Refuge CLG invites applications for the new position
of a Communications & Training Officer who will primarily provide
training and development to corporates and other stakeholders on the
issue of Domestic Abuse, be responsible for awareness raising
campaigns, public relations and fundraising activities.
Amber, is a long-established organisation working to empower women and
children of all cultures and backgrounds to live abuse-free lives. As
a specialist domestic abuse service our professional team works
alongside others to safeguard women and children against domestic
abuse, including coercive control. We provide safe, supportive, client
centred services, from early intervention to recovery, both in the
community and at the refuge.
Our core values are those of empowerment, respect, diversity &
inclusion, social justice, and integrity & transparency.
For further information see www.amberwomensrefuge.ie
THE PURPOSE OF THIS POST IS:
To work with the management team to develop a sustainable and
comprehensive communications & training strategy for Amber Womens
Refuge CLG to focus on the areas of training, development, awareness
raising, public relations and fundraising.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL DEMONSTRATE:
* A third level qualification in marketing or in a field of relevant
academic training (NFQ/QQI level 7 or higher)
* A minimum of 3 years work experience in a similar role.
* Digital proficiency (an excellent working knowledge of a variety
of social media platforms and website management) and an ability to
write blog content.
* Experience of strategic planning aimed at increasing brand
awareness, social media interaction and corporate fundraising.
* Excellent administrative & IT skills (Microsoft Office, including
Outlook, Teams & SharePoint, WordPress, Record keeping, data
* A “can do” and creative thinking attitude with the ability to
work highly effectively on own initiative.
* Experience of designing & delivering training content with clear
aims, objectives and outcomes for a community & voluntary, corporate,
frontline statutory or other relevant audience.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; both written and
verbal and an ability to work well in a team environment.
* Flexibility required to meet service needs.
* A full clean driving licence and use of own car is essential for
this post and needs to be noted in your application.
* Knowledge of the dynamics of domestic abuse, including coercive
* Knowledge of data protection legislation and its application to
the activities relevant to this role.
* Experience of group facilitation.
LETTER OF APPLICATION AND CURRICULUM VITAE TO:
Lisa Morris (Manager), Amber, Womens Refuge CLG., Lacken, Dublin Rd.,
Kilkenny, R**Apply on the website** NY**Apply on the website** or
email: **Apply on the website**
Further information available on request by email.
_CLOSING DATE_ for receipt of CV applications: **Apply on the
website**th of April **Apply on the website** at 5pm.
_INTERVIEWS_ to take place: Morning of Wednesday the **Apply on the
website**st of April **Apply on the website** and morning of Thursday
the **Apply on the website**nd of April **Apply on the website**.
_SHORT LISTING WILL APPLY._
We need : English (Good)