WOULD YOU LIKE THE OPPORTUNITY TO WORK WITH A LEADING IRISH NATIONAL
ENABLE IRELAND is a leading national voluntary organisation which
provides family support services for people with disabilities and
their families, in partnership with the HSE and other State and
We require dedicated professionals who are committed to providing the
highest quality services possible to service users. We offer a
challenging career as part of our integrated team approach to
WE HAVE AN EXCITING OPPORTUNITY FOR ADULT SUPPORT WORKER BASED IN
ENABLE IRELAND ADULT DAY SERVICES LIMERICK
CONTRACT STATUS: Part time Permanent
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE POST:
This programme will be a move away from traditional centre-based model
of day service. The role of the Adult Support Worker will be to
provide individualised supports to a young man with a disability to
enable him to live the life of his own choosing in accordance with the
values of New Directions which underpin the principles of inclusion,
rights, choice and independence in the community.
The candidate will be working predominantly one to one in the
community but will be part of the day services team and from time to
time may be required to work in the day centre.
Working under the direction of the Day Service Coordinator and as a
member of the interdisciplinary team, the post holder will:
* Supporting service owner in conjunction with Person Centred
Planning (PCP) to set personal goals develop and carry out a plan to
achieve these goals.
* To listen to their wishes and support them to advocate for
themselves; while encouraging them to take responsibility for
decisions in their day to day lives.
* To actively search for opportunities for the service owner to make
personally satisfying contributions, to build positive relationships
and to demonstrate his abilities and strengths
* Acting as a key worker for the service owner. (A member of staff
appointed to assist and support individuals to achieve their goals.
The keyworker is the central point of contact for the individual and
for families) To actively seek new interests and opportunities with
them to interact in their community in a positive way via social
roles/volunteering, work, membership of groups/clubs.
* Personal assistance for service owners in the areas of personal
needs including Intimate care.
PLEASE SEE JOB DESCRIPTION FOR FULL LIST OF DUTIES
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
* QQI Level 5 in Care skills to include a module on special
needs(total 8 modules) or Equivalent Qualification
* Minimum of two years’ experience working with adults with
* To hold a full clean drivers licence with no restrictions and be
willing to drive Enable Ireland vehicles
* Effective communication skills and good recording practices
* Knowledge of social model of disability.
* _Good understanding of Adult Protection and Lone working._
* Knowledge of person centered planning and Key Worker system
* Knowledge of New Directions guidelines
In the event of a high volume of applicants Desirable Criteria may be
applied in the shortlisting process
WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF YOU HAVE A PASSION FOR WORKING WITH
OUR ORGANISATION AND HAVE THE RELEVANT EXPERIENCE/SKILLS REQUIRED FOR
Please download a copy of the Job Description, Person Specification
and Employment Application Form and forward the completed application
form to: Edel Godley by email **Apply on the website**
Informal Queries to Orna Maguire by email at **Apply on the website**
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 4pm Tuesday 6th April **Apply on the
INTERVIEW DATE: Tuesday **Apply on the website**th April **Apply on
the website** via Microsoft Teams Microsoft Teams
(APPLICATIONS MUST BE MADE ON THE ENABLE IRELAND APPLICATION FORM
ONLY. CV’S WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED)
ENABLE IRELAND IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.
* The post will be subject to reference checks and may be subject to
Garda vetting/police clearance, as relevant
* Due to the large volume of applications, we are not in the
position to provide individual feedback to applicants who are not
shortlisted for interview.
* Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants from
all sections of the community.
* The above information serves only as a guide to the advertised
position. Enable Ireland, at its discretion, reserves the right to
change this prior to appointment
Please review the Enable Ireland’s External Data Protection Notice
We need : English (Good)