DEPUTY ESTATE MANAGER
REF DEM**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**
The Iveagh Trust is the longest established provider of social housing
in Ireland, building sustainable communities since **Apply on the
Today, the Trust provides over 1,**Apply on the website** units of
accommodation across Dublin, offering a range of housing options
including supported housing for older people, the Iveagh Hostel for
homeless men and general needs housing for families.
The Trust now wishes to add to the Housing Management Team by
recruiting a full-time Deputy Estate Manager.
POSITION: DEPUTY ESTATE MANAGER
REFERENCE: DEM**Apply on the website**
REPORTING TO: Director of Housing
HOURS **Apply on the website** hours per week*
*(working alternate weekends and some bank holidays on a rota basis).
CONTRACT & SALARY: Permanent - €**Apply on the website**,**Apply on
the website** - €**Apply on the website**,**Apply on the website**
depending on experience.
PROBATIONARY PERIOD: 6 months
STAFF BENEFITS: The Iveagh Trust offers excellent terms and conditions
PENSION: Membership of a generous Defined Contribution pension scheme
following successful completion of the probationary period.
TRAVEL: The post requires use of a car for business purposes. The
applicant must have a full clean driver’s license. Mileage allowance
An Iveagh Trust Deputy Estate Manager is a unique role, combining that
of property manager with that of community manager and “good
neighbour”. With over **Apply on the website** years of tradition in
the role, a Deputy Estate Manager is the face of the Trust for the
communities we serve and plays a critical role in the Iveagh Trust
commitment to build communities.
THE ROLE INVOLVES ASSISTING THE ESTATE MANAGER TO:
* Manage all aspects of designated Iveagh Trust developments
* Deliver excellent service to tenants
* Maintain and develop the Iveagh Trust ethos of community-building.
PRINCIPAL TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
The list below indicates the main duties and responsibilities of the
post and is not exclusive of any other tasks or functions that it
would be reasonable to expect the post holder to perform.
PROPERTY MANAGEMENT – ASSIST THE ESTATE MANAGER WITH:
* The overall responsibility for the management of designated
developments to include the physical, social and community aspects of
life on an Iveagh Trust estate.
* Ensuring the highest standards of property management.
* Overseeing the general safety, cleanliness, upkeep and
presentation of the estate.
* Directing and supervising caretaking staff in cleaning common
areas, refuse collections, minor repairs and general upkeep of
* Logging repair requests electronically through the Trust’s
housing management software.
* Managing repairs, maintenance and refurbishment programmes as
* Working with Iveagh Trust departments and contractors to ensure
the estate is well-maintained and repairs are dealt with quickly and
* Liaising with residents to ensure any maintenance issues are dealt
* Inspecting properties annually and when they become vacant and
report on their condition.
* Managing void surveying and turnaround with the Property
* Dealing effectively with emergencies such as flood, fire, lift
breakdowns etc. that may occur.
* Ensuring that the Iveagh Trust’s health and safety policies and
procedures and other policies are adhered to at all times.
TENANCY MANAGEMENT – ASSIST THE ESTATE MANAGER TO:
* Collect rents using computerised system, prepare cash for
collection and balance takings at end of rent session.
* Meet with prospective tenants to show properties, explain terms of
occupancy, provide local information and sign tenancy agreement.
* Deal with all tenants in a courteous, discreet and helpful manner
at all times.
* Investigate complaints, disturbances and breaches of tenancy and
resolve problems tactfully, diplomatically and courteously.
* Provide regular reports on estate issues.
* Attend meetings as required, sometimes out of hours.
* Work with the Housing Department in response to arrears issues,
anti-social behaviour and engagement with RTB processes.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT – ASSIST THE ESTATE MANAGER TO:
* Welcome tenants to the community and help them integrate and settle
* Foster a sense of community and belonging, getting to know each
tenant, and providing a point of contact for them.
* Work with Iveagh Trust Departments and nominated agents to deliver
a programme of activities and events for residents.
* Develop relations with the wider community and agencies working in
the local area.
* Identify needs and work collaboratively to find solutions to
* Represent the Trust at events and meetings as required.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
* Experience of residential property management, facilities
management, social housing management, or analogous area.
* Understanding of social housing system and/or RTB legislation.
* Excellent people skills, helpful and empathetic attitude.
* Computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
* Full clean driving licence.
* Ability to manage staff.
* Good written and communication skills including report writing.
* Be willing to attend training courses.
Full training and induction will be provided.
* Relevant qualification
* PRSA licence
* Other relevant skills or experience (trade, etc.)
Applications must include the job reference code: DEM**APPLY ON THE
Please send an up-to-date CV along with cover letter outlining your
suitability for the post to:
Mr. John Mahony
Director of Housing
The Iveagh Trust
Bull Alley Street
Or, by email to: **Apply on the website**
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS: WEDNESDAY **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**
APRIL **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** AT NOON.
Replies only to selected interviewees.
_THE IVEAGH TRUST IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER._
We need : English (Good)