SEE CHANGE COMMUNICATIONS AND SOCIAL MEDIA OFFICER
REPORTING: The post holder will report to the See Change Team Leader
HOURS: **Apply on the website** hours per week for **Apply on the
website** month period then **Apply on the website** hours per week
after **Apply on the website** months (subject to funding).
LOCATION: Head office is in Maynooth, Co Kildare so meetings will be
required there from time to time but there is flexibility for remote
SALARY: €**Apply on the website**,**Apply on the website** per annum
Shine’s vision is of an Ireland where all those affected by mental
ill health have the right to recovery and the opportunity to achieve
the best quality of life. Our mission is to promote individual and
ABOUT SEE CHANGE
See Change is Ireland’s organisation dedicated to ending mental
health stigma. Our work is informed by people with lived experiences
of mental health difficulties, who are best placed to give insight
into mental health stigma.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The post holder will support the development and day to day execution
of the organisation’s communications strategy with social media at
its core, enhancing See Change’s social media presence, creating
content and innovative campaigns and engaging with people on all our
social media platforms.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Able to develop and implement sound communications strategies with
minimal oversight that build lasting digital connections supporting
the aims and objectives of See Change
* Creates communications and social media campaigns including
strategy and timeline.
* Creates and distributes engaging written and graphic content in
the form of e-newsletters, web page and blog content, or social media
* Website/ social media content creation across the See Change
programmes and campaigns.
* Updates social media platforms and website
* Grows and expands company social media presence into new social
media platforms, plus increases presence on existing platforms
including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram
* Collects social media data and analyses interactions and visits,
using this information to create comprehensive reports.
* Ensures brand consistency in marketing, social media messages.
* Ensures adherence to the NALA Plain English guidelines across
website and all printed materials
* Communicate with materials suppliers
* Prepare reports, press releases, marketing materials and other
content to promote the work of See Change.
* Build relationships and liaise with See Change ambassadors,
clients, partners and other stakeholders
* Represent See Change at events and exhibitions as required.
* Participate in team meetings
* Other duties appropriate to the role may be assigned from time to
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills
* Excellent organisation and time management skills
* Accuracy and attention to detail essential
* Excellent IT skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Office**Apply on the
* Knowledge of software packages such as Photoshop, Canva,
Mailchimp, Survey Monkey and Buffer
* Social media content creation skills
* Proven strong knowledge of existing social media outlets
(Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn), either from personal or
* Fluent written and spoken English.
* Awareness of confidentiality and the ability to deal with
* Due to current Covid-**Apply on the website** guidelines, be able
to work remotely (open to fully remote employee for the right
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
* Minimum **Apply on the website** years work experience in similar
* Third level qualification in Communications/ Social media or
Application is by official Shine Application form ONLY. Curriculum
Vitae (C.V.’s) will not be accepted. Send your completed Application
Form in Microsoft Word or PDF format to **Apply on the website**.
In the subject field please enter SC COMMS
APPLICATION DEADLINE: **Apply on the website** noon on Wednesday
**Apply on the website**th April **Apply on the website**
CONDITIONS OF APPOINTMENT:
All offers of posts are subject to completion of HSELand Children
First E-learning programme _PRIOR TO _commencement of employment.
NOTE: Due to the anticipated large number of applicants, we will not
be able to reply to unsuccessful candidates. We thank you for your
interest and appreciate the time and effort you have taken to apply
for the post on offer.
We need : English (Good)