INTRODUCTION AND BACKGROUND
The Rialto Development Association (RDA) is a voluntary organisation
established to manage St. Andrew’s Community Centre for the benefit
of residents and community groups in the wider Rialto area with a
particular emphasis on tackling disadvantage and promoting social
inclusion and economic development. The main activities carried out in
St. Andrew’s are those by its four resident projects – the Rialto
Community Drugs Team (RCDT), the Rialto Youth Project (RYP), the
Rialto Day Care Centre for the elderly (RDCC) and Rialto Community
Network (RCN). There is also a Community Services Programme (for
managing the building), a Community Employment scheme and an artist
studio, Studio **Apply on the website**, within the centre.
With the exception of Studio **Apply on the website**, these projects
have their own team of staff, project managers, management committees
and their own work plans. All projects have been impacted by
COVID-**Apply on the website**. For those working directly with
service users (i.e. the elderly, young people, men’s groups, those
in addiction), the challenge has been to continue working with them
while abiding by COVID-**Apply on the website** control measures. For
the Community Services Programme, the challenge has been mainly
financial as community groups, organisations and individuals have had
to cancel their bookings with us for the use of our rooms. This
proposal, for the development of a Strategic Plan, is about taking a
collective view of all parts of the organisation and facilitating and
developing a strategy that responds to COVID-**Apply on the website**
and looks to the future.
The RDA has a robust mission statement which includes the following:
Our vision is to create in St. Andrew’s Community Centre, through
its services to the wider community, a place and space of welcome,
inclusion, tolerance, and justice.
The mission of the Rialto Development Association is to oversee the
management and development of St. Andrew’s Community Centre in order
* facilitate the provision of quality services and amenities which
are responsive to local needs based on equality, diversity, justice,
and inclusion with a view to empowering and enriching individuals,
families and communities of interest in Rialto and its environs and
* contribute to building up a sense of community by active
networking and co-operation.
The Rialto Development Association is committed to the development of
specific targeted services and the provision of dedicated
accommodation for projects under our remit, which are:
_The Rialto Day Care Centre for Older People;
The Rialto Youth Project;
The Rialto Community Drugs Team;
Rialto Community Network;
RDA Community Employment Scheme; and Studio **Apply on the website**_
The Rialto Development Association is committed to supporting and
accommodating these projects and for the ongoing maintenance and
development of the centre for the use of these and other community
RDA receives funding for its 6 projects and the centre principally
* Health Service Executive,
* City of Dublin Youth Services Board
* Department of Employment and Social Protection
* Canal Communities Local Drug & Alcohol Task Force
* Dublin South City Partnership
* Dublin City Council
Funded by the Community Foundation of Ireland (CDI), this proposal has
been developed by the RDA board to take a collective view of all parts
of the organisation and to facilitate and develop a strategic plan
that responds to the consequences of COVID-**Apply on the website**
for the organisation and looks to the future 5 years. This will be the
first such strategic plan for the RDA. Both Covid-**Apply on the
website** and CFI’s ‘Adapt and Respond’ strand of funding has
presented itself as an opportunity to implement this proposal.
This proposal is to develop in consultation with the Board of the
Rialto Development Association a strategic plan for the period **Apply
on the website** – **Apply on the website** to steer their work
within St. Andrew’s and to serve the Rialto community.
* Identify current STRENGTHS AND REACH of the RDA and its projects
through desk research and consultation with voluntary members of
management committees, project staff, service users and their
* Identify EXISTING AND EMERGENT NEEDS and opportunities for
STRATEGIC DEVELOPMENT from **Apply on the website** through;
* Consultation with the Board of the RDA, its 7 projects/services and
* Consultation with St. Andrew’s ‘user groups’
* Conducting a needs assessment within the Rialto community
* Consultation with other community, voluntary and statutory
stakeholders including other local organisations and agencies,
funders, policy makers and leaders in the community in Rialto
* Explore environmental assumptions including political, economic,
social, environmental, legal and technological factors in the
consultation process outlined in points a-d above.
* Develop a strategic plan with clear operational objectives that
builds on the strengths of the RDA, its projects and centre provisions
* Responds to emerging needs and opportunities within the community
* Complements and seeks collaboration with other local organisations
and agencies that share values with the RDA
* Harnesses the possibilities for change and embraces the challenges
to recovery and connectedness presented by the COVID **Apply on the
website** pandemic and the post pandemic era
* Enhances organisational communication internally, with external
stakeholders, in person, technologically and through the development
of a common identity (branding)
* Celebrates the rich community of Rialto and enhances the
intergenerational reach of the RDA
* Incorporate the development of a communication strategy in the RDA
* Develop a framework implementation plan for **Apply on the
website**- **Apply on the website**
* Produce and present an organisational Strategic Plan to the Board
of the RDA
Consultation will be overseen by a sub-group of the RDA Board of
Directors who have agreed the Terms of Reference for the development
of the strategic plan. The sub-group will liaise with and oversee the
development of the plan in consultation with the consultants and the
RDA board. Together they will present the strategic plan to the Board
Once the tender award has been issued, it is expected consultation and
programme development will be completed within a maximum of 6/9
months, i.e. ideally conducted in **Apply on the website** for launch
in Q**Apply on the website**.
PROFILE OF APPLICANT[S]:
The applicant should have a strong track record in community
consultation, strategic planning facilitation and report writing. They
should also have an understanding of community development and
Interested parties are requested to submit a brief proposal outlining
how they would undertake the work as outlined above. Please include
* A proposed project plan outlining the key stages in the work
* A proposed outline of the approaches and methodologies to be used
and potential referees of same
* An example of similar work undertaken, including a document of
* Detailed CV of the consultant highlighting relevant experience.
* A proposed time frame / timeline
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
The applicant will be required to demonstrate:
* Knowledge and experience of similar work.
* Critical social analysis.
* Understanding of community development, facilities/centres and
* Community consultation and engagement track record.
* Consultation methodologies.
* Understanding of issues outlined in the brief.
* The successful tender will be awarded on a value for money basis,
within a maximum budget of €8,**Apply on the website** to include
all costs including administration costs, expenses incurred and VAT.
* Applicants should provide a breakdown of costs.
* A tax clearance certificate must be provided prior to the awarding
of any contract.
A payment schedule will be agreed with the successful applicant. The
following schedule is proposed:
* One third to be paid on signing the contract
* One third to be paid on receipt of draft strategic plan
* One third to be paid on receipt of final strategic plan
* Payments will be made within **Apply on the website** days of
receipt of an invoice. If at any stage during the development of the
strategic plan, the agreed level of quality of the strategic plan
development is not adhered to, payment may be withheld.
COPYRIGHT AND CONFIDENTIALITY:
The consultant will be required to assign copyright of the report to
Rialto Development Association. Copyright for any illustrations or
other material used should be cleared by the consultant. Sections of
the report may be made available for public use by Rialto Development
Applications should be submitted by e-mail to: **Apply on the
For further information, please tel: **Apply on the website** **Apply
on the website** and ask for Mary Kinane, Centre Manager
https://standrewsrialto**Apply on the website**.wixsite.com/st-andrews
(new website under construction)
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 5PM FRIDAY **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**TH
APRIL **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**: No applications will be considered
after this time.
We need : English (Good)