FULL TIME**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** MONTHS FIXED TERM CONTRACT
South Dublin County Partnership works with people who are socially
excluded or are at risk of becoming so and promotes social cohesion
and labour market participation with a focus on the most disadvantaged
neighbourhoods. This is achieved through a range of integrated
activities in Health and wellbeing, Education, Training, Job
Placement, Early Childhood Services, Enterprise Support and Community
A vacancy has arisen for a full-time **Apply on the website** hours
per week counsellor position in South Dublin County Partnership.
Reporting to the Health & Wellbeing Team Senior Manager the appointee
will be placed within a dynamic Health & Wellbeing team with
particular responsibility for implementing and developing mental
health therapeutic supports to individuals and/or groups requiring
access to these services.
Working with individuals and multiple family members the Family
therapist will provide therapy to treat the psychological and systemic
issues related to families and relationships.
Provide guidance and mediation for clients, either in groups or
individually, to help address problems that need resolving.
Assist with psychological distress, behavioural problems, substance
abuse or addictions that may affect their relationships or family
Work in confidential settings with individuals/families who are
experiencing emotional and mental health difficulties, including new
issues of distress arising from COVID**Apply on the website**.
Support individual (s) to explore ways of coping with emotional/mental
health difficulties through problem solving/goal setting and other
best practice approaches.
Maintain client records, create treatment plans, help your clients set
goals, and oversee clients complete therapy programs.
Create relationships with other team members to provide cross
referrals, signposting and family support.
Where necessary refer clients to other medical or therapeutic
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of
duties and responsibilities and may be reviewed from time to time to
reflect the needs of the service.
* Accredited member of the Family Therapy Association of Ireland,
I.A.C.P. or I.A.H.I.P
* Minimum of three years relevant supervised experience in
counseling since accreditation.
* Good understanding of the wider systemic issues in relation to the
often-marginalized client cohort and good working knowledge of key
issues presenting in the community-based psychotherapy setting in
PRIMARY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* To participate fully and work effectively within SDCP and the
Health & Wellbeing Team in SDCP.
* Provide family counselling service in Tallaght.
* Build relationships of trust and respect with clients.
* Work with individuals/ groups.
* Provide counselling services - face to face.
* Provide assessments, therapeutic interventions and psychosocial
support as appropriate and in line with best practice guidance for the
delivery of counselling.
* Referral to appropriate services for progression both internally
and externally as deemed necessary.
* Report writing as required – appropriate correspondence in line
with GDPR and confidentiality agreements. Reports of activities and
other progress reports as required.
* Maintenance and upkeep of confidential files and records in line
with professional standards required by the appointee’s accrediting
organisation and in line with GDPR.
* To flag any child protection and welfare concerns with line
manager and support or make appropriate report where necessary.
PERSON SPECIFICATION ESSENTIAL CRITERIA – THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
* Proven experience of working effectively in a team environment or
in a private capacity.
* Experience of using good interpersonal skills (written and oral)
across a diverse and wide range of audiences.
* Excellent Communication skills.
* Good IT skills and experience in report writing, progress reports
and annual reports.
* Car Owner with full clean driver’s license & use of own car for
work purposes is an essential requirement.
* Garda Vetting will apply to this role.
* Have experience in working in the low-cost or community-based
* Have experience of making reports to TUSLA,
* Good working knowledge of ethical considerations and dilemmas and
The appointee must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the
duties attached to the position and be in a state of health such as
would indicate a reasonable prospect of competence and ability to
render regular and efficient service in SDCP.
APPLICATIONS BY POST
ENVELOPE MUST BE CLEARLY MARKED ‘COUNSELLOR’ POST
Three copies of CV and application letter to be sent to
Administration & Operations Department
South Dublin County Partnership
Unit D1, Nangor Road Business Park, Nangor Road, Dublin **Apply on the
Or by email to **Apply on the website** – subject box to be marked
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF CV AND LETTER: 5.**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**
PM MONDAY THE **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**TH APRIL
Late applications cannot be considered.
No individual correspondence will be entered into.
_SOUTH DUBLIN COUNTY PARTNERSHIP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER._
We need : English (Good)