_MERCY INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION (MIA) SERVES GROUPS OF SISTERS OF
MERCY TOGETHER WITH THEIR ASSOCIATES AND PARTNERS IN MINISTRY FROM ALL
OVER THE WORLD IN WORKING TOWARDS A MORE JUST AND COMPASSIONATE WORLD.
MIA IS SEEKING A SKILLED, COMMITTED AND ENTHUSIASTIC PERSON TO FILL
THE POSITION OF DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER. THIS NEW ROLE INVOLVES
WORKING COLLABORATIVELY WITH OTHER STAFF MEMBERS TO TELL THE MERCY
STORY AND ENGAGING THE MERCY COMMUNITY THROUGH THE USE OF DIGITAL
MEANS, THEREBY CONTRIBUTING TO THE OVERALL MISSION AND VISION OF MIA._
TITLE OF POSITION: Digital Communications Manager
REPORTING: The Digital Communications Manager will be directed in
day-to-day tasks by, and be accountable to the Head of Heritage and
FULL-TIME: This is a full-time position located at Mercy International
Centre, **Apply on the website**a Lower Baggot Street, Dublin. This is
an office based position. MIA adheres to all government COVID
restrictions and staff may work remotely until restrictions are
lifted. Standard working hours apply and reasonable flexibility is
expected to accommodate international meetings and programme
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: The post holder will develop and maintain
positive, professional relationships with colleagues, and all with
whom they are in contact via email, phone, and in-person. The post
holder will be expected to work both independently and collaboratively
with the team in Dublin and Mercy Global Action office in New York.
This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining both
internal and external communications as well as digital marketing
efforts. This role encompasses overall responsibility for
communications of MIA in Dublin and at its Mercy Global Action office
in New York.
* Connect with a variety of audiences including Sisters of Mercy,
Associates, and Partners in Ministry. The Mercy story is rich and
complex, and ideally, the successful applicant would have substantial
prior knowledge of it.
* Manage MIA’s website and ensure a high level user experience.
* Develop and distribute the e-newsletter including list management.
* Develop strategies for email marketing, paid search, and other
digital marketing channels.
* Manage and create content for all social media channels.
* Maintain international brand awareness and manage public
* Support the work of Mercy International by connecting the audience
with MIA’s programming, fundraising, and justice initiatives.
* Advocate for new digital channels and strategies and identify
* Assist with international communications including statements,
graphics, and reports.
* Provide communications support to staff members as needed and
ensure brand tone.
* Advise on best practices for language, signage, and communications
in the Centre.
* Manage the creation and printing of promotional materials as
* All members of staff are expected to support the day-to-day
activities of Mercy International Centre as required.
This position will be responsible for communications, marketing, and
PR. It is expected that the position will advance MIA’s digital
presence and enable our audience to effectively engage with our
mission and initiatives.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
* A formal qualification in communication, marketing, journalism, or
* 3+ years of digital marketing or communications experience
* Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator)
* Website Management (Experience in StoryBlok a plus)
* Email Marketing (E-newsletter, distribution, list management,
* Content Creation (written, graphic, video)
* G-Suite and Zoom experience
* Brand Management
SKILLS AND ABILITIES PREFERRED:
* Google Ads, FaceBook Ads, or similar
* Google Analytics or similar
* Social Media Management: Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube
* SEO/SEM experience
* Optimizing landing pages and user funnels
* Database Management: Salesforce, HubSpot, Blackbaud, or similar
* Public Relations, Media, and Crisis Communications
* International Pre-Press Printing
* Content Creation (Audio)
PERSONAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
* Commitment to the Mission, Purpose, and Ethos of MIA;
* Excellent communication skills, oral, written, and visual;
* Organisational skills, time-management skills, stress management
skills, ability to prioritise, and to give attention to detail;
* Ability to develop good relationships with visitors and
* Ability to work positively within a team environment while also
being able to act independently;
* Commitment to sound work ethics and willingness to work a flexible
* Cultural awareness and sensitivity.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POSITION IS BASED IN DUBLIN, IRELAND, AND THE
SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT MUST MEET THE REQUIREMENTS OF IRISH EMPLOYMENT
LAW AND, IF NECESSARY, BE ABLE TO OBTAIN RESIDENTIAL AND WORK VISAS
Salary negotiable based on skills, qualifications, and experience.
APPLICATIONS AND ENQUIRIES:
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter, a CV and the
contact details of two referees, preferably one from your current
employer, who can comment on your suitability for the position to:
Elizabeth MacNeal, Head of Heritage and Spirituality at **Apply on the
website**. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Anyquestions regarding this position can also be directed to Elizabeth
APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION MUST BE RECEIVED BY 1 JUNE **APPLY ON
We need : English (Good)