SCW (FAMILY HUB) - JOB DESCRIPTION
POSITION TITLE: SOCIAL CARE WORKER
PROGRAMME: Homeless Services
THE EMPLOYER: Crosscare, Clonliffe College, Dublin 3. Crosscare is the
social care agency of the Dublin Diocese and is a registered charity.
Crosscare delivers services with a servant leadership ethos.
Crosscare’s Homeless Services operate a range of residential
services targeting adults experiencing homelessness. The services aim
to move people out of homelessness and into homes of their own.
WORK SCHEDULE: Full Time **Apply on the website**.5 Hours per week. 7
day rota (including evening & weekends – Days).
CONTRACTS 1 Year Fixed Term Contract
SALARY: Band D4 - €**Apply on the website**
LOCATION: Crosscare’s Family Hub, Clonliffe Road, Dublin 3
REPORTS TO: Project Leader /Deputy Project Leader
To provide a critical service in **Apply on the website**-hour short
term residential services to adult men, women and their families
experiencing homelessness. Those living with us are placed with the
aim of our services assisting them to secure a long term home whilst
ensuring all supports and personal attributes required to sustain
their home are put in place. We are committed to delivering the
highest standard of care possible and working closely with other
colleagues in care planning and case management in line with the DRHE
Our services are challenging environments as we seek to achieve an
inclusive approach working with people with complex issues.
This role is completely client focused consistently seeking the best
outcome for those we work for.
* To implement the case management system and engage in one to one
work with a specific allocated case load, from referral stage to
move-on. This includes initial assessment, Identifying Housing
supports and additional supports, ,Updating the PASS System,
advocating on behalf of the family, arranging meetings, linking the
family in to appropriate services assisting each family in finding a
long term home.
* To liaise closely with the Housing Case Working team and family
link worker to ensure effective communication and support families to
re-engage/engage with local communities.
* To engage with and build professional trusting relationships with
each family, treating them with dignity and respect, and working
within the values of Crosscare
* To carry out all duties connected with the operation of the family
hub, resolving conflict, responding to health issues, premise
management, taking referrals, welcoming and engaging with families.
* To provide child-minding support to families when required.
* Follow reporting policy & procedures regarding Child Protection
* To liaise with and advocate to a broad range of external service
providers in addition to internal services
* To work effectively as part of a team and being open to reasonable
requests from manager/ care coordinator in order to ensure effective
working relationships and responses to families.
* To engage with and lead on one area of the support programme
currently in place in the Family Hub
* To work within the policies of Crosscare and the standard
operating procedures of the project
* To assist and contribute to the quality agenda in order to ensure
that a consistent delivery of service and quality standards are
adhered to in the project
* To perform all the administrative duties relating to the role in
order to ensure that the project runs smoothly
* To observe all Health and Safety policies of the project and to be
involved in continual quality improvement in order to ensure that the
security of the building is maintained at all times day and night.
* To be open to reasonable requests from the facilities coordinator
to ensure the Health & Safety is to a high standards.
* Minimum BA in Applied Social Care, Addiction, Mental Health,
Nursing, Psychology (or equivalent) Level 7 awarded by the National
Qualifications Framework (NQF) QQI
* A minimum of 1 year relevant employment working with similar
* Child Protection Training
Please note applicants must clearly demonstrate the above essential
criteria in their application prior to being considered for
* Work experience and employment in homeless services, addiction
services residential services, community and/or the youth work sector.
* ADDITIONAL TRAINING IN:
* Mental Health
* Child Care
* Special Needs PASS
* First Aid, CPR, AED
* Paediatric First Aid
* Parenting programmes
APPLICANTS SHOULD SEND THEIR CV & COVER LETTER SHOWING HOW THEY MEET
THE SELECTION CRITERIA & E-MAIL IT TO **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** OR SEND
IT TO HUMAN RESOURCES DEPT., CROSSCARE, CLONLIFFE COLLEGE, DUBLIN 3.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS WILL BE THE **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**TH
MAY **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** AND INTERVIEWS WILL TAKE PLACE THE WEEK
OF THE 7TH JUNE **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**
_Crosscare is an equal opportunities employer
Garda Vetting will apply to this role_
We need : English (Good)