JOB DESCRIPTION & PERSON SPECIFICATION
JOB TITLE: Project Manager, Sean McDermott Street
LOCATION: Sophia Housing, Sean McDermott Street Lower, Dublin 1
Sophia is a national organisation, who has been supporting people as
they emerge from homelessness since **Apply on the website**.
Responding to the ever-growing need in Ireland Sophia now directly
supports **Apply on the website** adults and **Apply on the website**
Sophia, in Sean McDermott Street, is long-term supported accommodation
for couples with experience of homelessness. There are **Apply on the
website** one bed units with **Apply on the website** hour onsite
staff support. The service is low threshold and specifically caters
to homeless couples presenting with complex support needs including
active addiction, mental and physical health and challenging
The aim of the Project is to first provide a safe and secure home,
where dignity and respect is core to the support provided. The team
provide a person centred, holistic approach to work with the
individuals to enable them gain the skills required to maintain their
tenancy and to live independently.
Sophia recognises that homelessness can have a traumatic impact on
people and that services need to be designed and delivered in a trauma
REPORTING TO: Acting Head of Services
CONTRACT: Specified Purpose (**Apply on the website** months)
HOURS: **Apply on the website** hours per week (Monday to Friday)
JOB PURPOSE: To provide management and leadership in providing housing
and support to Sophia Service Users
AREAS OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Services, Human Resources,
Health and Safety, Finance, Project Development
* To commit to the objectives and ethos of Sophia
* To establish and maintain a system of communication with the
Service Manager including the provision of agreed reports
* To develop and implement the standards within support services in
a manner that reflects the policy and procedure of Sophia
* Efficient and effective property management of accommodation
including rents, tenure, furnishing, budgets, etc., where appropriate
* To oversee the assessment and interview process for applicants to
the Project and additional properties in collaboration with other
Services as required.
IN RESIDENTIAL PROJECTS:
* The arrival and admission of new Service Users
* Issues regarding the welfare of Service Users as appropriate
* The departure of Service Users from the Project
IN OUTREACH PROJECTS:
* The referral and interviewing of new Service Users
* The on-going support to Service Users
* Assessment of individual and family needs, including childcare
* To work in a holistic way with family members and single persons
as appropriate to meet their housing management and personal needs.
* To be responsible for key-working a number of families/single
people when necessary for the operation of the Project.
* To ensure that Service User disputes and grievances are dealt
appropriately within the Project and Local Community
* Manage the set up and maintenance of professional records.
* To manage the referrals, admissions and discharges in your Project
and additional Sophia properties
* To provide direction and leadership in the development of
appropriate links to, and securing support from, relevant
professionals and services; e.g. Health Services Executive and Local
Housing Authorities etc.
* To actively promote Service User involvement within the Projects
and Local Communities.
* To manage the recruitment, induction and on-going training, support
and direction of Employees, Volunteers, Students and Trainees of
* To assign work as appropriate
* To manage the annual budget for the Sean McDermott Street Project
and additional Sophia properties, based on the information provided by
the Finance Department.
* To manage the Service Level Agreements for the Project and to
ensure the return of data and information agreed with funders.
* To actively source and make grant applications to fund the
services and costs of the service in your region. To provide
information to funders on expenditure of grants.
* To promote networking with appropriate voluntary and statutory
HEALTH AND SAFETY
* To ensure that necessary fire, health and safety policies and
procedures are in place and adhered to
* To ensure appropriate procedures are in place for responding to
emergencies within the Project and additional properties.
* To attend other agency meetings as appropriate and to work
effectively with relevant personnel within Sophia.
* To contribute to policy development and review within the agency.
* To work on the development of services provided by Sophia in your
* To work proactively to develop and implement strategies and
actions which ensure that the Project and additional properties are
* To work closely with local State Bodies (including Local
Authorities and HSE) to fulfil our obligations in alignment with and
to compliment the development and national and area plans, and
strategies and objectives of the Council and the Department of
Environment, Community and Local Government.
* To work closely with Health Service Executive and the new Children
and Families Agency to fulfil our obligations in alignment with and to
compliment the development and national and area plans, and strategies
and objectives of the Council and the Departments of Health, Children
and Youth Affairs.
* To undertake other work that may be assigned to you from time to
* 2 years’ experience in a management role in housing and
homeless sector or similar
* Degree in Social Care or related discipline
* A strong and flexible work ethic
* Ability to provide evidence of personal alignment to Sophia’s
* Warm, engaging, compassionate with an empathy and an acute
awareness for the trauma that service users have experienced due to
* Commitment to the values and principles of Housing First and
Trauma Informed Care
* Proficient IT skills and knowledge of databases
* Strong ability to work on own initiative
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills both written and
* Excellent report writing and record keeping skills
* A full clean driving licence
Please forward a Cover Letter and CV to **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**
The closing date for receipt of applications is FRIDAY, **APPLY ON THE
WEBSITE**TH JUNE **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**
We need : English (Good)