interventions for children and young people attending the
participating schools. Our service interventions include individual,
and group supports aimed at improving students’ emotional and social
wellbeing, their motivation and engagement for school, learning
dispositions, and communication skills.
The Full-time Project Worker will work as part of a team within the
Dublin North East Inner City (DNEIC) Programme, providing support for
students in school, after school and during holiday time.
Candidates should have a relevant qualification and experience in one
or more of the following fields: youth/community, education,
psychology, social science, social care, or related discipline.
* Working with individual children/young people and small groups of
children/young people who have been targeted for mentoring & support
through the DNEIC SCP Programme.
* Planning and delivering programmes of work appropriate to
identified needs of the various students or groups you will engage
* Working closely with the staff of various schools and agencies
involved in the programme in relation to planning, implementing and
evaluating all programmes.
* Working effectively with the other strands of the education
* Maintaining records of all your work in line with requirements.
* Reporting regularly to the programme Co-ordinator and the SCP
* Undertaking any other work relevant to the development of the
programme as may arise.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Relevant third level qualification in youth/community work,
education, psychology, social science, social care, or other related
* 2/3 years’ practical experience working in a similar field.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Knowledge of educational and social disadvantage and the needs of
those who are at risk of early school leaving.
* The experience and ability to develop and maintain effective
relationships with vulnerable children/young people.
* Must obtain Garda Vetting Clearance.
* The School Completion Programme and how it complements other DEIS
programmes within Tusla’s Education Welfare Service.
* The importance of following school policies and practices
particularly regarding record keeping, confidentiality and child
* IT skills, including email, word processing and spreadsheets.
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Fixed term contract commencing August **Apply on the
website** until August **Apply on the website**
WORKING HOURS: **Apply on the website** hrs per week
REMUNERATION: Salary as per DCYSB New Entrant Salary Scale for
Application is by CV and cover letter. Please send all applications
to **Apply on the website** by **Apply on the website**th June **Apply
on the website**
We need : English (Good)