POSITION TITLE: EXTENDED LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES CO-ORDINATOR X 2
LOCATION: Moyross and St. Mary’s Parish
WORK SCHEDULE: * Hours per week (With some
CONTRACT TYPE: * months (initially)
To provide children with an opportunity to explore their interests and
talents through extracurricular activities designed to promote
resilience, self-confidence and leadership skills and to provide a
variety of worthwhile learning experiences which enhance and enrich
the lives of children and their families in Moyross and St. Mary’s
Interventions will be family centred, outcome focused and based on
identified needs, strengths and interests of the communities that we
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL:
* Organise and supervise a series of holistic, regularly scheduled
extra-curricular activities for children and families together focused
on building resilience of children and their families
* Actively promote the programme and build relationships with
children and families
* Liaise with the relevant personnel whose work supports families
who may be experiencing issues pertaining to unemployment, education,
mental health, homelessness, etc.
* Endeavour to meaningfully engage children and families in bespoke
support programmes that further enhance the social fabric within the
* Liaise with statutory and voluntary organisations that currently
provide support to children and families in the community.
* Continue to enhance the excellent links between local stakeholders
– e.g. educational providers, etc.
* Apply for relevant grants related to ongoing work, in consultation
with your line manager.
* Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a relevant professional
* Knowledge of community development.
* Demonstrate understanding of support needs and positive outcomes.
* Must have experience of working directly with adults/families in a
community setting or related area.
* Experience in working with vulnerable client groups.
* Experience in making effective referrals to external
* Experience in developing relationships with hard to reach clients.
* A record of excellent record and file keeping whilst ensuring
* A record of good time management.
* Must demonstrate an understanding and commitment to social
inclusion and health promotion.
* Must have experience of establishing contact and developing
relationships with key stakeholders including statutory bodies etc.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
* Be passionate about learning, creative and forward thinking.
* Ability to work on own initiative as well as working in a group
* Ability to engage and maintain healthy relationships with all
* Ability to write funding applications.
* Insight and understanding of Social Justice Issues.
* A recognised third level practice qualification (minimum level 8 on
the QQI Framework) in one of the following:
* Social Care
* Youth Work
* or relevant experience pertaining to role requirements
* Full clean driving licence.
Application is by C.V. and Cover letter via email ONLY to **Apply on
Closing date is Friday 1st September *
Corpus Christi Family Centre CLG is an equal opportunities employer.
This job offer will be made subject to Garda Vetting.
We need : English (Good)