WE ARE CURRENTLY RECRUITING
SOCIAL CARE WORKER FULLTIME
SOCIAL CARE WORKER HALFTIME
RELIEF SOCIAL CARE WORKERS
Sherrard House is a Residential Centre which is run by a Voluntary
Organisation funded by Tusla. Sherrard House is located in Dublin City
Centre and easily accessible by public transport. Sherrard House is
inspected by the Alternative Care Inspection and Monitoring Services
Children’s Residential Centres under the framework of the National
Standards of Childrens Residential Centres *
(HIQA). Our primary aim is to offer the young people in our care a
nurturing, caring and protective environment. We aim to support,
encourage and enable each young person to meet their full potential by
working with them in conjunction with their families, social workers,
counsellors, schools and other relevant professionals. We also aim to
provide the young people with positive life experiences, trusting
positive appropriate adult relationships and role models, doing so
enables the young people to learn new coping skills that can support
them in their interactions with their families, school, work and in
their future lives.
Degree/Diploma/Certificate in Social Care or equivalent Level 7/8 in
related field such as Degree in Psychology, Child and Adolescent
Psychotherapy, Youth and Community Work, Social Work, Social Sciences
Teaching and Nursing. Experience in residential care and/or working
with vulnerable young people desirable.
The hours are varied and include shift work /weekend work and unsocial
Social Care Manager, Deputy Social Care Manager, Social Care Leaders
and Shift Co-ordinators on duty
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* To_ _ensure the young people receive the highest standard of care,
education and development.
* To provide emotional support and create opportunities for each
young person to share their feelings about their own particular
situation. To ensure the rights of young people are respected and
upheld at all times
* To ensure the young person has an input into their Care Plan
through meetings with their Social Workers families and other relevant
professional and in house meetings
* To manage each young persons behaviour by creating a friendly,
safe, happy and caring environment for all.
* To manage difficult behaviour through then use of recommended
interventions eg. TCI
* To provide adequate supervision of the young people at all times.
* To work as part of a staff team to ensure aims, mission and vision
statements of the centre are achieved.
* To be responsible for implementing the Placements Plans of
residents through Mentor/Individual work in partnership with Tusla
Child and Family Agency other relevant Professionals and families
* To be aware of and act in accordance with the Children First
Guidelines and all other relevant legislation.
* To develop and implement age appropriate programmes for the young
people through Mentor work.
* To liaise with external agencies (schools, Social Workers,
counsellors, medical practitioners etc.) on behalf of the young
people, and work with personnel in a professional and respectful
* To promote contact with family members and other significant
people and to facilitate access as required
* To provide regular activities for the girls.
* To undertake general household duties including meal preparation,
laundry, general cleanliness while on duty ensuring the house is
maintained to a high standard.
* To be aware of Fire and Safety Policies in the house at all times.
Work to ensure the safety of all staff and young people at all times
* To be informed of the Ethos, Policies and Directives of Sherrard
House, especially those relating to child protection.
* To undertake report writing, general administrative work and to
ensure that all relevant records and files are kept up to date and in
order. To ensure all records relating to the young people have been
completed prior to finishing shift
* To read and “sign off” on all documentation relating to the
* Organise and participate in reviews, care plans and other meetings
in relation to the young people.
* Attend staff meetings.
* To represent Sherrard House at meetings, seminars and conferences
* To act as shift co-ordinator when necessary
* Participate in regular professional supervision.
* To take part in ongoing professional training.
* To maintain confidentiality at all times in line with policy
* To promote positive working relationships with organisations such
as TUSLA Gardaí, Schools, Neighbours and other similar agencies
* To promote an ethos of best practice, professionalism and
accountability within the centre
* Any other duties which are deemed reasonable by Senior Management
THE ABOVE JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A COMPREHENSIVE LIST
OF ALL DUTIES INVOLVED AND CONSEQUENTLY, YOU MAY BE REQUIRED TO
PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS APPROPRIATE TO THE POSITION WHICH MAY BE
ASSIGNED TO YOU FROM TIME TO TIME BY THE ORGANISATION
Sherrard House values individual’s rights and freedoms in respect of
privacy and fully complies with the requirements of the Data
Protection Act *.
All roles within Sherrard House carry responsibility towards the
protection of personal and sensitive data.
RESPONSIBILITIES UNDER CHILDREN FIRST NATIONAL GUIDANCE FOR THE
PROTECTION AND WELFARE OF CHILDREN (**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**)
The safety and welfare of children and young people is a key priority
for Sherrard House. All employees of Sherrard House are required to be
vigilant to any concerns regarding the protection and welfare of
children and to bring them to the attention of the Designated Person
or in her absence Deputy Designated liaison person in a timely manner,
in keeping with Sherrard House Child Protection policies.
Please submit your cover letter and CV stating which role you are
applying for to:**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**
Closing date for receipt of applications is Monday November **Apply on
the website**th at 5pm
We need : English (Good)