SOPHIA HOUSING ASSOCIATION
JOB DESCRIPTION & PERSON SPECIFICATION
JOB TITLE: NIGHT PROJECT WORKER
LOCATION: Sophia Housing, Sean McDermott Street Lower, Dublin 1
Sophia is a national organisation, who has been supporting people as
they emerge from homelessness since **Apply on the website**.
Responding to the ever-growing need in Ireland Sophia now directly
supports **Apply on the website** adults and **Apply on the website**
Sophia is a niche service provider for two reasons; Firstly, it sees
the provision of home of one’s own as the primary response to
homelessness and the intervention that Sophia is exclusively focused
on. Secondly as an Approved Housing Body, its core mission is to
provide homes for individuals, couples and families who not only need
a home but also present with other support needs. Sophia recognises
that homelessness can have a traumatic impact on people and that
services need to be designed and delivered in a trauma informed way.
Sophia Sean McDermott Street is long-term supported accommodation for
couples with experience of homelessness. There are **Apply on the
website** one bed units with **Apply on the website** hour onsite
staff support. The service is low threshold and specifically caters to
homeless couples presenting with complex support needs including
active addiction, mental & physical health and challenging behaviour.
The aim of the Project is to first provide a safe and secure home,
where dignity and respect is core to the support provided. The team
provide a person centred, holistic approach to work with the
individuals to enable them gain the skills required to maintain their
tenancy and to live independently.
REPORTING TO: Project Manager
CONTRACT: Fixed term - 6 months
HOURS: **Apply on the website** hours per week. This role includes
both live hours and sleepover hours. The candidate will work 7
sleepover shifts over a two week rota.
JOB PURPOSE: To provide an efficient and high quality service in our
Sean McDermott Street Project. The successful candidate will work on a
daily basis with couples coming from homelessness. He/she will manage
a caseload in a busy project, key work individuals, carry out
assessments and care plans and regularly liaise with other
agencies/authorities on behalf of the service users.
* To engage with and build professional & trusting relationships with
tenant’s, treating them with dignity and respect in order to work
within the values of Sophia.
* To provide keyworking support to assigned tenants to support them
in sustaining their tenancy while using a housing first approach
* To provide practical support for tenants to ensure that the day to
day running of the home is maintained (e.g. routines in the home,
personal hygiene and food preparation.)
* To participate in Tenancy Meetings with Tenants and Project
* To respond to conflict and critical incidents as required using
TCI and ensuring personal safety.
* Respond to child protection concerns in line with the Children’s
* To promote Tenant involvement in the development of the Project.
TO THE PROJECT MANAGER:
* To commit to the objectives and ethos of Sophia.
* To meet with Project Manager for Supervision at regular intervals
regarding the progress of his/her work; reflective practice and
* To be open to reasonable requests from the Project Manager on
tasks to be completed and communicate any barriers to carrying out
* To engage in case management reviews on a regular basis to review
work load and tenant needs
* To adhere to Policy and Procedures within the service
* To actively participate in team work, discussion of issues within
the project and support to colleagues
* To perform as a team member by participating in effective
handovers in order to ensure effective work relationships and
continuity of care for tenant’s.
* To participate in weekly team meetings
* To support colleagues by following up on tasks from time to time
COMMUNICATION & ADMINISTRATION:
* To actively participate in daily communication through updating
handovers, Pass System, email, phone calls and other forms of
* To complete support plans, risk assessments, risk management plans
and any other necessary paperwork for assigned tenants
* To participate in training and organised supports as requested
* To participate in the induction and on-going training, support and
direction of Volunteers, Students and new staff members of Sophia.
* To liaise and work effectively with relevant personnel in Sophia
and other relevant agencies; e.g. Local Authority, HSE etc.
* To be responsible for cash in the Project, the managing and
receipting of cash received; Rent, Dryer & Fob Money, Service Charge
and Petty Cash.
* Communicating the delivery of external services or contractors to
the service and keeping records of all invoices, delivery dockets.
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
* To follow fire, health and safety policies and procedures
* To address any issues that may cause a Health & Safety risk such
as spillages, reporting maintenance issues, removal of uncapped sharps
to provided bins if necessary using the appropriate precautions etc
* To actively participate with research and evaluation of the
* To contribute to policy development and review within Sophia
To undertake other work that may be assigned to you from time to time.
* A degree in Social Care/Social Science/Applied Social Studies or
related discipline i.e. addiction, social work, psychology
* A minimum of one years’ experience working with a similar client
* An understanding of the issues affecting people who are homeless
* Knowledge around child protection issues, mental health issues and
* The ability to work on own initiative
* Proficient IT Skills and knowledge of PASS database
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills both verbal and
written are essential.
* To have excellent report writing and record keeping skills
Please forward a Cover Letter and CV to **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**
The closing date for receipt of applications is FRIDAY, **APPLY ON THE
WEBSITE**ST DECEMBER **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**
We need : English (Good)