VOLUNTEER CENTRE OUTREACH AND ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
NAME & ADDRESS OF EMPLOYER
Laois Volunteer Centre
R**Apply on the website** DC**Apply on the website**
JOB TITLE: Volunteer Centre Outreach and Administrative Officer
REPORTING TO: Volunteer Centre Manager
Laois Volunteer Centre provides a professional, person-centred
approach to supporting volunteers and volunteer involving
organisations across Co. Laois.
Laois Volunteer Centre was established in **Apply on the website** and
the aim of the service is to become a one stop shop for volunteerism
in Co. Laois. The service builds upon the existing volunteering
infrastructure within the county and our role is to provide advice and
support to members of the public (to become volunteers) and to not for
profit/charitable organisations who need volunteers to carry out their
vital work in the community. The Volunteer Centre Outreach and
Administrative Officer will play a key role, working with the manager,
development officer and Board of Directors in creating, planning,
organising and delivering an outreach service in the county.
ROLE OF VOLUNTEER CENTRE OUTREACH AND ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER:
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering an
outreach service and providing administrative support to the Volunteer
Centre Manager. He/She will work with the other Volunteer Centre staff
to create, plan, organise and deliver an outreach service in various
public settings (e.g. community centres, shopping centres, libraries,
parish centres etc. and other events (e.g. community events –
charity fundraising drives, fun days etc.). Whilst conducting
outreach, they will, in effect, be a spokesperson for Laois Volunteer
Centre, communicating its aims and objectives, promoting engagement
with the service, registering members of the public for volunteering
opportunities and engaging with organisations who need volunteers.
He/She will give short talks/presentations to volunteer involving
groups/organisations about Laois Volunteer Centre and its services.
* Provide administration back up and support to Laois Volunteer
Centre Manager and Development Officer in the delivery of
quality-based, person centred service within Co. Laois.
* To undertake administration duties to support communication,
maintenance of website, promotion, social media etc.
* To assist the Garda Vetting service provided by Laois Volunteer
* General administrative duties as they relate to the post.
* Register volunteers and organisations on the I-VOL database and
ensure that I-Vol records are kept up to date.
* Experience of working in a public relations/outreach role in not
for profit/charitable organisation.
* Flexibility, with a willingness to travel and work outside normal
office hours – some of this work will likely take place in the
evenings and occasionally weekends.
* Excellent people/interpersonal skills.
* Excellent communication skills – good presentation skills.
* Computer/IT literate including proficiency in Microsoft Office
**Apply on the website** including Word, PowerPoint; Salesforce or
similar CRM package.
* Full clean driving licence and use of own car
* Commitment to the development of volunteering in Laois.
* Experience of the community and voluntary sector including issues
relating to volunteering in Ireland.
* Familiarity with Garda Vetting processes
* Excellent communication skills – experienced in delivering
* Excellent people skills/interpersonal skills.
* Person-centred approach.
* Commitment to the development of volunteering.
* Commitment to achieving the aims and objectives of Laois Volunteer
Centre in line with its work plan, ethos and policies.
* Leadership – ability to use own initiative and work as part of a
* Self-motivated approach to work.
* A constructive and progressive attitude to working as part of the
staff team and ability to develop partnerships with the wider
SALARY RANGE: €**Apply on the website**k-**Apply on the website**k
on a pro rata basis – permanent but subject to the continuance of
funding by the Department of Community and Rural Development.
HOURS OF WORK: **Apply on the website** hours per week – some
evening and weekend work.
SIX-MONTH PROBATIONARY PERIOD APPLIES.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF COVER LETTER AND CURRICULUM VITAE IS
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**TH **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**
AT 5PM. Please email for the attention of the Manager to **Apply on
the website** (late applications or C.V.s will not be accepted).
_This post is funded by The Department of Community and Rural
We need : English (Good)