WE HAVE AN EXCITING OPPORTUNITY FOR AN
ACTIVITIES SUPPORT WORKER
To join our Potters Club providing a short break service through
Saturday Clubs for children with intellectual disabilities.
Location: A number of community settings across Co. Wicklow including
Arklow and Greystones
POSITIONS AVAILABLE: Relief (5 ? **Apply on the website** hours
approx. per month) Saturdays
SALARY: ?**Apply on the website**.**Apply on the website** per hour.
A dynamic and energetic team player with a passion for working with
children/young people with intellectual disabilities. You are kind,
caring, and compassionate. You have excellent team working skills, and
thrive in a collaborative environment. You have the ability to work on
your own initiative, handle changing priorities and work under
pressure. You are familiar with best practices in Social Care and
apply these consistently in your work.
St.Catherine?s Association is a non-profit organisation and
registered charity funded by the HSE that provides care to individuals
with intellectual and other disabilities. We provide Residential
Living for children and adults, Respite and Alternative Short Break
Options for children, Day Service for adults, Nursing, Positive
Behaviour Support, and access to clinical supports through referral to
Progressing Disability Services, and other related supports.
JOB ROLE (NON-EXHAUSTIVE):
* Provide short breaks to carers of children ?with intellectual
* Deliver play and recreational activities to children with
intellectual disabilities within the community developing their social
* Supervise children and maintain a safe environment
* Meet and respond positively to the needs of children encouraging
their engagement, promoting progress and praising achievements.
* Assist with activities for children appropriate to their needs
both indoor and outdoor.
* Set up centres, clean up afterwards and put away any equipment.
* Assist with care needs
* Promote a positive image of people with disabilities within the
* Adhere to all relevant policies and procedures
* Engage in relevant training as requested by the service.
* Work as part of a team.
* QQI LEVEL 5 in Applied Social Studies, Social Care or equivalent?
* Full flexibility and reliability is required in a very varied
* Available to work Saturdays.
* Adaptability and flexibility required to handle changing
priorities, tasks and responsibilities.
* An interest in working with individuals who have Intellectual
Disabilities and Autism.
* Person-centred approach.
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of
* Experience in childcare is desirable but not essential.
* Experience working with individuals with autism
We love to see our team members grow and develop in their careers.
That?s why we support our staff to attend professional training as
required to maintain a high level of service.
Please send your CV to **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** or call Debbie Carr on
**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** for details.
Closing Date: Thursday 5th May **Apply on the website**
We need : English (Good)