ST. CATHERINE’S ASSOCIATION NEWCASTLE, GREYSTONES, CO. WICKLOW
WE HAVE EXCITING NEW OPPORTUNITIES FOR: SOCIAL CARE WORKERS & CARE
POSITIONS AVAILABLE: Permanent Full-time (**Apply on the website**
hrs/week) & Relief (Various hours, flexible shifts available)
A dynamic and energetic team player with a passion for working with
children/young people with intellectual disabilities. You are kind,
caring, and compassionate. You have excellent team working skills, and
thrive in a collaborative environment. You have the ability to work
under pressure and handle changing priorities. You are familiar with
best practices in Social Care and apply these consistently in your
St. Catherine’s Association is a non-profit organisation and
registered charity funded by the HSE that provides care to individuals
with intellectual and other disabilities. We aim to provide a holistic
service from birth to adulthood including Early Services, Adult Day
Services, Residential and Respite care, and a wide range of Clinical
Services. The successful candidate will work as a member of the
multidisciplinary team and enjoy a high level of professional support.
JOB ROLE (NON-EXHAUSTIVE):
* Provide a high quality of life and supportive atmosphere for
individuals in our care.
* Promote involvement and participation in all activities.
* Implement programmes designed to assist in learning new skills.
* Assist individuals to carry out tasks & activities and offer
support as necessary.
* Develop close contacts locally and encourage community
* Administer medication and address basic health care and personal
* Ensure written records are completed and up to date.
* Reports to: Children’s Services Manager
* Graduate or studying towards QQI LEVEL 7 BA in Applied Social
Studies, Social Care or equivalent.
* CARE ASSISTANT – QQI LEVEL 5 in Social Care, Social Studies of
* An interest in working with individuals that have Intellectual
Disabilities and Autism
* Person-centred approach
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of
* Flexibility and reliability for shift work (e.g. sleepovers /
night duty, weekends, holidays, etc.)
* Knowledge of HIQA regulations for persons with disabilities in
residential and respite services.
* Full driving license and willing to drive company vehicles.
Experience supporting individuals with behaviours that challenge.
We love to see our team members grow and develop in their careers.
That’s why we support our social care staff to attend professional
training as required to maintain a high level of service.
Please send your CV to **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** OR call Debbie Carr on
**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** for details.
Date: 5pm Friday July **Apply on the website**th **Apply on the
We need : English (Good)