ROLE Senior Financial Analyst
UNIT Financial Control Unit (FCU)
DIRECTORATE Financial Operations
REPORTING TO Finance Control Team Leader
ROLE PURPOSE/ SUMMARY
Responsible for the preparation, analysis, validation, interpretation,
and delivery of timely and accurate financial and activity information
regarding programme service planning, resource management and control,
costing, budgeting and variance analysis.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
FINANCIAL ANALYSIS – SERVICE FINANCIAL PLANNING & CONTROL
* Preparation, analysis, validation, interpretation, and delivery of
timely and accurate financial and activity information to executive
and business management teams.
* Preparation of the annual administration budget (income and
expenditure) and twice annual budget reforecasts.
* Engage with budget holders and key stakeholders to understand and
deliver information requirements including budgeting, costing,
financial and statistical data, and variance analysis.
* Work closely with team leader and Chief Finance Officer in
operational and business planning.
* Provision of knowledge, insight and learning to enable robust
financial forecasting, preparation of budgets and variance analysis.
* Prioritisation of activities to ensure adherence to deadlines
* Assisting and Deputising for Team Leader as required
* Preparation of financial reports for both internal and external
* Development of reports for management on specific programme
financial and activity requirements
* Highlight key trends in metrics and provide insight and comparison
across the business
* Critical analysis of information leading to timely decision making
Project Management, Risk Management & Governance
* Contribute to the development and maintenance of up-to-date
policies and procedures as they relate to this area of work.
* Assist in the effective management of risks identified through the
overall company Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) process.
* Lead and/or contribute to a wide variety of both Company and FCU
projects or initiatives as they arise
* Identifying and driving process improvements
* Work closely with the FCU team to ensure accurate financial
reporting and decision support
* Establish good working relationships with both internal and
* Collaborate with other directorates to ensure a consistent
approach to financial resource planning and control
* Line management responsibility for a small number of staff.
* Lead, motivate and develop staff as appropriate
* Determine, develop, and deliver training as appropriate to Pobal
* General HR, Learning and Development, performance management as
* Any other duties within the general requirements of this job
description which may be required from time to time
* Be self-motivated, proactive, and flexible/adaptable
* Contribute to staff meetings and other internal meetings with
appropriate content, views, and suggestions.
Analytical Skills – Level 2
Building & Maintaining Relationships – Level 2
Problem Solving & Decision Making – Level 2
Leadership & Management – Level 2
Communication Skills – Level 2
Attention to Detail – Level 2
Customer Service & Support – Level 2
Corporate Writing Skills – Level 2
Flexibility & Adaptability – Level 2
Organisation awareness – Level 2
* Proven strong financial analysis and reporting t experience and
* Proven strong budgeting and costing experience and knowledge.
* Proficiency in advance Microsoft excel, familiarity with CRM and
SharePoint, and other business intelligence tools.
* Proficient in other MS packages e.g. Word, Outlook, Access
* Knowledge of workings of the community/voluntary/public sector
* Knowledge of Government Accounting Regulations
* Knowledge of project management methodologies
* Drivers licence & provision of car for business purposes
* Relevant third level qualification (e.g. Certificate, Diploma) or
equivalent is essential.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Pobal’s Grade 3 Salary scale is €**Apply on the website**,**Apply
on the website** to €**Apply on the website**,**Apply on the
website** per annum
A probationary period of six months will apply
Pobal operates a defined contribution pension scheme. Employees have
access to the scheme on successful completion of their six- month
5. Annual Leave
Annual leave will be **Apply on the website** working days, exclusive
of public holidays pro-rated
for the contract
6. Travel & Subsistence
Travel and subsistence will be paid at public sector rates
7. Location of the position
The successful candidate will be located preferably in the Dublin or
Monaghan office with blended working an option
Selection will involve short listing of applicants for interview based
on the criteria for the position as outlined in this job description
and person specification.
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete the application form available on the
We need : English (Good)