rights organisation, which exists to promote equal access to justice.
Our vision is of a society where everyone can access fair and
accountable mechanisms to assert and vindicate their rights.
FLAC is seeking to recruit a: LEGAL OFFICER FULL-TIME to develop its
client advocacy work and support its litigation practice and team of
THE SPECIFIC DUTIES OF THE ROLE:
* CONSULTATIONS WITH CLIENTS AND ADVOCATES: taking calls, responding
to emails, attending at legal clinics, accurately recording details,
meeting clients and advocates, preparing attendances, preparing case
plans and drafting correspondence under the direction of the
* MAINTENANCE OF CASEWORK DATABASE: Entry/recording of consultations
and all legal casework; maximising the capacity and use of the
casework system within FLAC, to generate statistics and records.
* PROVISION OF ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANCE: Provide assistance to each
solicitor in drafting legal documents, complaints and submissions to
Courts and Tribunals and other casework as arises;
* CASEWORK/ADVOCACY: Assist with the administration of Roma/
Traveller/LGBTQI & Other client files and queries including follow
up with those seeking advice/assistance. Facilitate access to other
services as needed and also assist with the drafting and submission of
documents on behalf of clients to relevant authorities;
* CASE-FILE ADMINISTRATION: To assist each solicitor with casefile
administration including preparation of briefs, liaising with counsel
and other parties, photocopying of documents and maintaining documents
on the casework database;
* COURT AND TRIBUNALS: Attendance at and assistance with Court and
tribunal hearings as required;
* LEGAL ADMINISTRATION: Filing, issuing and serving of legal
documents as required;
* RESEARCH: undertaking research as required including as requested
by each solicitor.
Any other duties as may be required from time to time in connection
with this position.
* Demonstrated commitment to human rights and equality;
* Law degree/ other similar legal qualification;
* Experience of advocacy work;
* Good organisational skills and attention to detail and
* Ability to work on own initiative and also as part of a team.
* Knowledge of using casework database;
* Proficiency in MS Office (Word and Excel);
* Experience of working in a legal practice/ advocacy role in an
* Experience of policy work and
* Ability to speak Romanian/ Romani.
We need : English (Good)