MEATH COUNTY CHILDCARE COMMITTEE WOULD LIKE TO INVITE APPLICANTS FOR
THE FOLLOWING POST:
PART-TIME EARLY YEAR’S SUPPORT & DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
The successful candidate will be part of a team who are responsible
for local supports to Early Learning & Care providers including
working with and supporting voluntary management committees and
private childcare providers in the delivery of the National Early
Learning and Care Schemes.
This a fixed term special purpose contract 3 days a week from
September **Apply on the website** until **Apply on the website**st
May **Apply on the website**.
This is an opportunity for a suitably qualified person to gain
experience in local delivery of projects and programmes promoted by
THE SUITABLE CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS A HIGH LEVEL OF SKILLS IN THE
* Knowledge of Early Learning & Care & School Age Childcare sector in
* Understanding of issues facing ELC & SAC
* National DCEDIY childcare programmes & policy
* Ability to communicate well with childcare practitioners &
* Adaptable and flexible to the ever changing and growing ELC/SAC
ESSENTIAL CRITERIA FOR THE POST
* Minimum third level qualification at Level 8 (or equivalent) on the
National Framework of Qualifications in Early Childhood Education and
* Minimum of 3 years’ experience of working in early years’
sector (can include work experience).
* Demonstrate in-depth knowledge and understanding of inclusive
early childhood education and care, A good working knowledge of issues
relating to the development of quality early childhood services
(**Apply on the website**yrs).
* Knowledge of Government Early Leaning and Care and School Age
Childcare Policy, Programmes, and related issues.
* Understanding and appreciation of the issues and needs confronting
Early Leaning and Care and School Age Childcare providers, children,
* Full clean Drivers Licence with suitable means of transport.
* Proficient in MS packages e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
* Good interpersonal, organisation and presentation skills.
* Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
* Ability to respond to queries on the ground.
* Ability to work and communicate with other agencies.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Good command of English (i.e., grammar, spelling, and sentence
Application form and full details for the above post are available on
request from Meath County Childcare Committee:
POST: Meath County Childcare Committee, Commons Rd Navan, Co. Meath,
C**Apply on the website**RX**Apply on the website**
E-MAIL: **Apply on the website**
TELEPHONE: **Apply on the website**
Closing date for completed application forms MONDAY **APPLY ON THE
WEBSITE**TH AUGUST **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**.
_Interviews will be first two weeks of September.
From this process a panel will be created for similar type positions
that may arise in the future._
_MEATH COUNTY CHILDCARE COMMITTEE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER._
We need : English (Good)