JOB TITLE: Supervisory Speech & Language Therapist (Senior Grade)
POSITION: Full Time, Permanent
LOCATION: Galway (city and other locations)
PURPOSE OF THE POST:
The Supervisory Senior Speech & Language Therapist will be the lead
member of a small Speech and Language Therapy team providing services
to children, teens and young adults with Down syndrome in the Galway
area. The post holder will be responsible for the provision of speech
and language therapy services, assessment and intervention to their
own independent caseload, clinical and operational performance
supervision of other colleagues, and management of service delivery.
Voices for Down Syndrome Galway, Speech and Language Therapy project,
of Down Syndrome Ireland, Galway Branch.
Client and family centred models are utilized in the delivery of
services with the aim of maximising the client’s communication
interaction skills within their daily life and community. This is a
parent lead organisation, with links to National University of Ireland
Galway (NUIG). There is a strong working relationship with public and
private dual service providers.
* A professional qualification in Speech & Language Therapy, as
recognised by CORU.
* CORU registration.
* A minimum of three years’ experience working as a Speech &
* Relevant experience working as a Speech and Language Therapist
with people with Down syndrome. Experience working with people with
Autism Spectrum Disorder would also be desirable.
* Dysphagia Qualification.
* Experience supervising staff grade Speech & Language Therapists
and/or Speech & Language Therapists in Training.
* Relevant experience providing speech and language therapy services
in a person and family centred manner.
* Own transport and full, clean driving licence.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE WITH:
* Hanen It Takes Two to Talk and More than Words
* DIR Floortime
* Knowledge and experience with AAC
* Supporting both mainstream and special schools
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
* Assessment and intervention for people with Down syndrome.
* Planning and organising (including the scheduling of) individual
and group therapy for a caseload of people with Down syndrome.
* Being innovative in the use of resources to maintain and enhance
service delivery standards.
* Monitoring, recording and reporting individual and service
delivery performance to the reporting committee.
* Responsibility for the line management and clinical supervision of
the staff grade therapist, therapists in training and volunteers, as
* Working collaboratively and in partnership with families, schools
and other service providers.
* Maintaining standards of service delivery in line with policy,
CORU guidelines and relevant legislation.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
* Full Time, Permanent Position (**Apply on the website**.5 hrs per
* Salary negotiable
* Continued Professional Development provided
* Clinical supervision provided
* Applications must be made by form only, please contact **APPLY ON
THE WEBSITE** to request a copy of the application form
* CVs will not be accepted.
* Closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday **Apply on
the website**th August **Apply on the website**
* For more information on our organisation visit
* Informal enquiries to **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**
We need : English (Good)