JADD PROJECT CLG
Jobstown Road, Jobstown. Tallaght
D**Apply on the website** XK**Apply on the website**
Tel: **Apply on the website** Fax: **Apply on the website** **Apply on
JOBSTOWN ASSISTING DRUG DEPENDENCY CLG (JADD) WISHES TO RECRUIT THE
JOB TITLE: Harm Reduction Worker
REPORTING TO: The Manager
HOURS OF WORK: **Apply on the website** hours per week (5 days over 7,
including evening, & occasional weekend work)
LOCATION: Jobstown, Tallaght, Dublin **Apply on the website**
BASE: JADD, Jobstown, Tallaght.
SALARY: HSE Social Care Worker Scale, Point 3
OVERVIEW OF SERVICE & ROLE: JADD CLG is a community-based charity that
provides treatment & rehabilitation supports to individuals & families
affected by substance use problems in the Jobstown community of
Tallaght. Since **Apply on the website**, the prevalence of crack
cocaine use in Tallaght has increased significantly. In response to
this and the public health risks associated with crack cocaine use,
JADD, in partnership with our funders, the Health Service Executive &
the Tallaght Drug & Alcohol Task Force, have provided supports &
interventions to individuals reporting crack cocaine use. JADD CLG is
recruiting for a harm reduction worker to support individuals
reporting crack cocaine use.
* Experience working as a harm reduction worker in an addiction
service, including exchange services & assertive outreach.
* Experience working in a community-based addiction service.
* Understanding of the National Drugs Strategy; Local Drug Task
Forces; NDRIC Framework, etc.
* Experience of liaising with other agencies.
* Experience of delivering crisis interventions, brief
* Understanding and knowledge of addictive behaviours and recovery.
* Ability to work as part of a team.
* IT skills. Experience working with Salesforce.
* Good communication skills.
* To support individuals who are negatively affected by crack cocaine
* To deliver harm reduction interventions, including exchange
services, overdose prevention advice, etc.
* To work as part of JADD’s assertive outreach team.
* To signpost individuals into appropriate services.
* Provide referrals into JADD initial contact team for assessment,
* To make referrals to external and internal programmes/services.
* To attend weekly clinical meeting.
* To collect and maintain client information in a confidential and
* To record and update data – both database and hard files.
* To develop reports as requested.
* Other duties as directed by line supervisor.
* Attend and participate in training, as required.
_This list is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities, and may
change in line with the needs of service users._
A third level qualification in addiction studies/social care/etc, and
a minimum of two years’ experience working in an addiction service.
Garda vetting will be a requirement of this post.
This position is funded for a period of 3 years from June **Apply on
the website** – **Apply on the website**.
Interested candidates should forward their CV along with a cover note
to Jacinta Keegan at **Apply on the website** [/blank] by 5.**Apply on
the website** pm on the **Apply on the website**th August **Apply on
the website**. The cover note should (**Apply on the website** words
maximum) explain how they meet the job description requirements.
Applications will also be accepted by post as follows.
We need : English (Good)