DEPAUL IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE PROBATION SERVICE
INVITATION TO TENDER – SERVICE EVALUATION
Depaul in conjunction with the Probation Service, wishes to commission
an independent evaluation of Tus Nua to inform current and future
development of the both the site and service.
Depaul’s Tus Nua Apartments are the first service of its kind in
Ireland, first opening in **Apply on the website** with a mission to
provide safe housing and a positive environment for women in the
criminal justice system.
In its current location since **Apply on the website**, Tus Nua
accommodates **Apply on the website** women in a communal setting with
single rooms for up to 6 months. Each room is furnished and contains a
kitchenette. All residents have access to communal spaces and the
garden. Each resident is appointed a keyworker, with whom they work
together to identify a support plan for their stay addressing; life
skills, budgeting, alcohol harm reduction, detox access, and both
physical and mental health support.
International research recognises that women’s pathways to crime are
closely related to their histories of childhood and lifetime trauma
along with adversity, poverty and disadvantage. All interventions
should be underpinned by a gender and trauma informed approach.
Working in partnership with the Probation Service, Tus Nua aims to
reduce the risk of re-offending by:
* Supporting Women, subject to Probation supervision/following
release from custody.
* Addressing needs arising from substance misuse, mental health
issues and homelessness.
* The support offered also includes learning life skills and
identifying opportunities, to help assist residents to live
independently upon leaving Tus Nua.
It is also vital that the women are encouraged to take a positive role
in their community.
The mission of Tus Nua is to provide women leaving Dóchas, with safe
housing and a positive environment.
TIMEFRAME: 4 Months from the formal acceptance of the contract offer.
ALLOCATED BUDGET: Up to and not exceeding the value of €**Apply on
OBJECTIVES (TERMS OF REFERENCE):
* To assess the effectiveness of the Tus Nua model in terms of
achieving its main objectives and its adherence to evidence-informed
* To review existing data in order to capture recurring themes and
* To ascertain the views and experiences of key stakeholders,
including residents, involved in the project;
* To assess effective collaborative (including with the local
community) and inter-agency work;
* To examine the impact and capture learnings from the response to
Covid-**Apply on the website**;
* To develop key performance indicators to measure the impact of the
* To inform the project’s continued evolution and implementation,
including its governance model (incl. standards framework and
monitoring of same).
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST REQUIREMENTS:
Your completed application should include the following:
* Organisation details and contacts.
* Current Tax Clearance information.
* Cost of service and an outline of any added value or additional
information you deem is relevant.
SUCCESSFUL ORGANISATIONS SHOULD HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
* An interest and passion for delivering services for disadvantaged
communities, in particular in the area of homelessness and
* An understanding of Criminal Justice procedure;
* Experience using a range of research methods, including evaluation
research methods, qualitative and quantitative research methods;
* Knowledge and experience of working with multi-agency groups and
* Experience in the maintenance of detailed, accurate and fully
* Experience in producing high quality evaluation research reports;
* Exceptional attention to detail and ability to adhere to strict
reporting and budgetary requirements;
* Experience in producing research which is “gender informed”;
* Clear understanding of requirements in regards to GDPR.
_*It should be noted that a final report will be expected within the
time frame and must be signed off by the steering group. The report
will be the prosperity of Depaul for their use._
ASSESSMENT OF TENDER
Queries and Submissions will go through: **Apply on the website**
LAST QUERIES / QUESTIONS ACCEPTED: 2nd September **Apply on the
CLOSING DATE FOR TENDER WILL BE: **Apply on the website**rd September
**Apply on the website** at **Apply on the website** noon
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
Methodology = **Apply on the website**%, Overall Cost = **Apply on the
website**%, Experience = **Apply on the website**%, Quality = **Apply
on the website**%
We need : English (Good)