POLICY AND COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER: FULL-TIME POST, **APPLY ON THE
WEBSITE** MONTHS (6 MONTHS’ PROBATION)
Nasc, Migrant and Refugee Rights Centre is recruiting a Policy and
Communications Manager to work as part of our team. The role offers an
opportunity to use your skills and knowledge to make a genuine
difference. The Policy and Communications Manager will oversee the
implementation of Nasc’s policy goals by working with Nasc’s CEO
on the development and implementation of advocacy and media campaigns.
The Policy and Communications Manager will also have responsibility
for the development and implementation of Nasc’s communications
SALARY RANGE: €**Apply on the website**,**Apply on the website** -
€**Apply on the website**,**Apply on the website** depending on
LOCATION: Nasc’s office is based in Cork City. Hybrid working
Nasc, the Migrant and Refugee Rights Centre is a human rights
organisation based in Cork City. For over twenty years, Nasc has been
an advocate for the rights of migrants, refugees and international
protection applicants. Nasc has been at the forefront of advocating
for change to Ireland’s international protection and reception
systems and helped to develop the Community Sponsorship Programme in
The Policy and Communications Manager will be responsible for:
* Developing evidence-based policy positions in our priority areas,
which consider the needs of our constituency, with a view to
influencing and shaping the policy agenda and debate around migration
and refugee/migrant rights.
* Managing and overseeing Nasc’s policy and advocacy campaigns.
* Advancing Nasc’s policy priorities by building and managing
relationships with key stakeholders including with public servants,
government and statutory bodies, politicians and political parties,
academia, the legal community, media organisations and individual
journalists and civil society organisations and coalitions.
* Engaging in lobbying on behalf of Nasc on matters relevant to
Nasc’s priority areas.
* Researching and developing policy submissions and generating
policy content on Nasc’s priority areas, particularly matters
concerning migrants, refugees and international protection applicants.
* Assisting in the coordination of relevant campaigns, events and
meetings, taking the lead where appropriate.
* Coordinating Nasc events, including press conferences, report
launches, seminars and briefings.
* Coordinating and supervising research projects relevant to
Nasc’s priority areas, particularly matters concerning migrants,
refugees and international protection applicants.
* Utilising the evidence base emerging from all of Nasc’s
programme areas to inform and shape Nasc’s policy positions.
* Briefing media to secure media coverage in support of Nasc’s
advocacy/policy objectives and goals including maintaining and
developing contact with individual journalists and acting as the first
point of contact with media queries to Nasc.
* Monitoring national and regional media coverage of issues relating
to the work of the organisation and assisting the CEO and wider Nasc
team in the development of strategies to respond to issues arising.
* Drafting press releases and co-ordinating press or public
* Generating multimedia content for digital and printed materials in
support of Nasc’s work
* Managing Nasc’s social media across social media platforms.
* Managing Nasc’s website including creating website content.
* Acting as a spokesperson for Nasc or, providing advice and support
to other Nasc colleagues, when they are spokespersons or representing
* Third level degree (NFQ8 minimum) Qualification in human rights, or
a related discipline
* At least 3 years’ experience in a research, policy or advocacy
* Experience drafting and writing for a variety of audiences and the
proven capacity to produce high-quality work to tight deadlines
* Experience of lobbying and/or advocacy work at a national or
* Excellent organizational and administrative skills, including
experience of project management and strong computer literacy.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills including fluency
* Commitment to Nasc’s values and an understanding of Nasc’s
core goals including immigration reform, increasing safe and legal
pathways and ending direct provision.
* Permission to work in Ireland.
* Previous professional experience acting as a spokesperson for an
organisation or campaign.
* Previous professional experience working on issues relating to
immigration and/or international protection law.
* Experience working in the NGO or public sector.
* Experience of social media engagement.
* Experience of media engagement.
* Experience in managing budgets.
* Excellent IT skills including digital and design skills.
* Fluency in other languages.
We welcome applications from people from all sections of the
community, irrespective of race, ethnicity, gender, age, disability,
sexual orientation, religion or belief. We particularly welcome
applications from persons with lived experience of migration.
Please submit by email only to **Apply on the website** the
following documents before **Apply on the website** noon on Friday
**Apply on the website**th September **Apply on the website**:
* a cover letter in .pdf format outlining how you meet the person
specifications outlined above. (2 pages maximum)
* an up to date CV (.pdf format)
Please include ‘Policy and Communications Application’ in the
subject line of the email. Applications will be acknowledged but no
further feedback will be provided unless invited to attend for
For more information see
We need : English (Good)