AT IS CURRENTLY RECRUITING A PART-TIME SUPPORT WORKER TO ASSIST A
YOUNG WOMAN WITH DISABILITY TO LIVE AN INDEPENDENT LIFE.
Áiseanna Tacaíochta (ÁT) provides leadership and support to people
with disabilities to live with the independence, choice and freedom
they are entitled to. For the first time in Ireland, we facilitate
Direct Payments to people with disabilities, enabling them to take
control of their own budgets, their own services and, ultimately,
their own lives.
The Support Worker is required to assist a young woman with
intellectual disability both in her home and in the community to
attend different social events and activities. The successful
candidate will receive training and development in line with the role.
This role is suitable for an enthusiastic and dedicated individual who
is committed to providing care and supporting someone to live an
independent life in their community.
If you are looking for a new and exciting challenge and want to be
part?of a?progressive?organisation?we would be delighted to
receive an application from you.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Position – Part time Support Worker (**Apply on the website** hours
per week) We are looking for some one who can cover Friday and some
Location - Portlaoise / Timahoe, Co. Laois
Salary : DOE
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
* Providing direct support and facilitating positive environment
* Developing and maintaining effective communication with the family
and relevant others
* To establish a positive and supportive relationship with the
* Assist the young woman in achieving her potential by listening,
guiding and providing practical and emotional support
* To promote the wellbeing, development and inclusion of the person
within the community and the wider locality
* To ensure and promote good communication among all supporting the
* Providing support to the individual with daily activities within
home and in the community
* To undertake other work that may be assigned from time to time.
ESSENTIAL FOR THE ROLE :
* Social Care or Health Care background.
* Knowledge and experience of working with people with intellectual
* Experience of working with families
* An understanding of disability and Independent Living.
* Full, clean driving license
* Legally permitted to work in Ireland
CORE COMPETENCIES :
* Commitment to providing the highest levels of quality service
* Effective communication and interpersonal skills with the ability
to adapt to new environment and build relationships
* Ability to be flexible and use own initiative
* Enthusiastic and reliable
* Highly organised
* Ability to follow instruction
* Maintain respect and compassion for the individual
APPLICATION PROCESS :
Please note : Applicants for the position must provide suitable
references and employment offers are contingent on the completion of
the Garda Vetting, which is part of the recruitment process.
For more information or TO APPLY, PLEASE FORWARD YOU C.V. – QUOTING
EOSW**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** TO **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**
For more information on our organisation please visit our website -
We need : English (Good)