COMMUNITY HEALTH INTERCULTURAL DEVELOPMENT WORKER
LEITRIM DEVELOPMENT COMPANY wishes to recruit a Community Health
Intercultural Development Worker. The Intercultural worker will
support and empower individuals and the community for the enhancement
of the health & wellbeing of displaced Ukrainian People and other
Beneficiaries of Temporary Protection (BOTPs)
This position is for one full-time development worker (**Apply on the
website** hours per week) for an initial period of 6 months from
commencement date with a possibility of continuation subject to future
funding. The initiative is funded by the HSE.
* Identify health issues and support beneficiaries of temporary
protection to access services.
* Advising on entitlements/how to access health services – GPs,
Acute, and Mental Health etc.
* Support BOTP navigate the health service both those living in
congregated setting and private homes.
* Address immediate medical cases on a daily basis and referral of
urgent medical cases to Social Inclusion Team or relevant HSE/GP
RESPONSIBLE TO: Social Inclusion Manager
LOCATION: Drumshanbo, Co Leitrim
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* Education to 3rd level standard preferably in community work,
Health, training and education, or similar field (note: candidates
with exceptional, relevant work experience may also be considered in
lieu of degree qualifications)
* A minimum of 1 year’s relevant work experience in a community or
health coordinating/project management type role is desirable
* Experience of designing, facilitating and planning events.
* Working knowledge of utilising Social Media as a promotional tool
* Be highly motivated, with the ability to work independently in a
Full Job description is available by email request to **Apply on the
In order to apply, please submit a letter of application and a current
Curriculum Vitae, by email stating COMMUNITY HEALTH INTERCULTURAL
DEVELOPMENT WORKER to **Apply on the website** by Tuesday 4th October
at **Apply on the website** noon. Shortlisting will apply.
_LEITRIM INTEGRATED DEVELOPMENT COMPANY CLG IS COMMITTED TO A POLICY
OF EQUALITY OF OPPORTUNITY IN ITS EMPLOYMENT PRACTICES_
We need : English (Good)