POST: Full-time Project Worker
RESPONSIBLE TO: The School Completion Programme Co-ordinator
The Roscrea/Birr School Completion Programme is seeking to employ a
full-time Project Worker fixed term contract (August **Apply on the
The School Completion Programme aims to have significant positive
impact on levels of young people’s retention in primary and
secondary level schools and on numbers of pupils who successfully
complete the Senior Cycle, or equivalent.
IT IS ESSENTIAL FOR APPLICANTS TO:
* Hold a recognised degree in a relevant discipline
* At least one year post-graduate experience working with
* Experience and knowledge in the variables that may cause barriers
to young people engaging in school.
* Ability to identify needs, plan, implement and evaluate programmes
* Ability to work as part of a team.
* Be ICT proficient.
* Own transport and have a full clean driving licence.
ROSCREA/BIRR SCP PROJECT-WORKER JOB DESCRIPTION
* To plan, implement and review programmes for children engaged with
* To work with children individually and in groups
* To develop and share skills and interests with children, families
* To work as part of a team
* To liaise effectively with families
* To liaise effectively with school personnel
* Organise or assist in the organisation of activities and
programmes in conjunction with other school personnel, services and
agencies i.e. fun days, afterschool groups, summer camps, outings and
* To establish a link and network with the relevant local and
regional services and agencies. Where appropriate to participate in
interagency/community steering groups.
* To establish links with local clubs and organisations. To promote
access to these mainstream activities and clubs for children
participating in the SCP
* To work with children using a Positive Behaviour Management
* To maintain records and an up to-date account of programmes
* When requested to provide School Principals and other relevant
personnel with progress update on students
* Where necessary to budget and keep financial accounts for
* To supervise third level students
* If requested, to deputise for SCP Co-ordinator in her absence
REQUIREMENTS SPECIFIC TO THIS POST
* To engage with children in a flexible, supportive and child
* To include children in the planning of group and individual work
* Adhere to school policies and procedures
* To practise a high standard of health and safety while at work or
carrying out any SCP business
* Hold a full driving licence and car
* To have appropriate car insurance and indemnity
* To maintain car at an acceptable safety level
* To behave in a friendly and professional manner while at work or
carrying out SCP business i.e. confidentiality and discretion
* To be flexible with location base
* In order to facilitate afterschool, out of school and holiday
activities; the appointed person needs to show reasonable flexibility
to hours of work.
* To participate in and engage with training programmes
* To participate in regular supervision with the SCP Co-ordinator
* To undertake other duties that may be requested by the
There will be a probation period of 3 months. Salary is in line with
City of Dublin Youth Services Board salary scale.
Please send your Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter outlining you or
suitability for this post to:
Mairead Keevey Roscrea/Birr School Completion Programme Co-ordinator
Scoil Eoin Naofa Golden Grove Road Roscrea County Tipperary
**Apply on the website** **Apply on the website**
Closing date of application is on Monday October 3rd **Apply on the
website**. It is hoped to hold interviews the following week.
We need : English (Good)