JOB TITLE: HEART SUPPORT PROGRAMME OFFICER
REPORTS TO: HEART SERVICES DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
LOCATION: RATHMINES AND WORKING FROM HOME
JOB STATUS: PERMANENT, FULL-TIME
The Irish Heart Foundation is a community of people who fight to
protect the cardiovascular health of everyone in Ireland. Together we
are working to eliminate preventable death and disability from heart
disease and stroke, and to support and care for those living with
these life-changing conditions. We work to achieve this by:
* Caring for and speaking out for people in the community living with
heart conditions and stroke, and their families.
* Innovating and leading in health promotion and prevention to
change health behaviours and reduce cardiovascular risk.
* Building a nation of lifesavers through CPR training.
* Campaigning and advocating for policies that support people to
live healthier lives.
* Information provision.
Our team currently is approx. **Apply on the website** employees and
up to **Apply on the website** volunteers working towards the
Foundation’s vision of a future where no hearts are broken by
preventable heart disease.
IHF PATIENT SUPPORT SERVICES
We provide support online, by phone and in person to more than
4,**Apply on the website** people affected by heart disease and stroke
and their carers. The key elements of the IHF’s patient support
* A phone-based programme (The Stroke and The Heart Connect Service)
providing social, emotional and practical support mainly to newly
discharged stroke survivors and people living with a clinical
diagnosis of heart failure.
* Weekly/monthly online peer support and exercise groups.
* A range of complementary programmes including fatigue management,
psychological wellbeing groups, physical activity, counselling and
* Social media groups providing peer support along with
comprehensive health and wellbeing information and advice
We need an enthusiastic person with relevant experience for The Heart
Support Programme Officer role in The IHF Patient Support Services
HEART FAILURE SERVICE:
* Making introductory phone calls to members living with Heart
Failure, and recording data from these calls.
* Escalating/signposting any issues to relevant clinical team and
encouraging the member to self-manage their condition.
* Daily coordination of all heart failure referrals from heart
failure clinic nurses, and reporting back to nurses where necessary
after introductory call.
* Monitoring patient stats and contributing to reports as needed for
e.g. monthly updates , service activity updates and contributing to
* Ensuring consistent communication and follow up with heart
members, checking in, signposting to IHF Services and external
* In line with policy and procedure referring people for counselling
and liaising with these counsellors to arrange appointments.
* Keeping track of the counselling sessions that take place
* Planning and implementing the sign-up journey such as Mailchimp
and HF website registration form.
* Adding all members to the database for services such as
counselling, call log details or newsletter, as needed or liaise with
patient support administration to ensure data capture.
INFORMATION NEEDS AND NEWSLETTER:
* Assisting with the distribution of information and discharge packs
to hospitals and Members as needed
* Assisting with content development and coordination of digital
information, leaflets, newsletter and online support meetings.
* Working with IHF volunteers to co-ordinate HSN newsletter
including design, print and distribution.
SOCIAL MEDIA AND DIGITAL ENGAGEMENT:
* Coordination of the daily running and content management and
monitoring of the IHF Heart Support Facebook group.
* Keeping track of engagement and creation of short online polls
* Data analysis –use Google analytics and Facebook insights to
report on and keep up to date reports on the, Facebook group
* Recruiting Members for communications, interviews and content
* Recording monthly patient interviews for the HSN during campaigns
for e.g., Heart Failure awareness week
* Sending on appropriate patient referrals to Volunteers for
introductory calls and updating the database as the calls are
* Matching members to Peer to Peer volunteers and checking in on
* Link in with the Volunteer team on regular basis for Heart Network
volunteer updates or when any problems arise.
* Regular engagement with members of the HSN and the Heart Failure
service to stay up to date on member needs and programmes of interest
* Organising and recruiting participants for short-term online
programmes and supporting participants access these programmes as
SERVICE EVALUATION, REPORTING AND DATA COLLECTION
* Collating data and recording number of attendees for reporting
purposes to sessions and taking account of registered members (HSN,
* Involvement in the evaluation of patient support services and
assessment of the impact to patients
* To assist with the creation and dissemination of heart service
patient satisfaction surveys
* To administer and record patient self-reported outcome tools as
* Promoting our heart support services to patients and professionals
in conjunction with Management and the wider Patient Support Team.
* Promoting and signposting to the IHF volunteer programme as
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* A 3rd level qualification is desirable
* A strong client centered approach.
* Ability to problem solve and have a proactive approach in finding
* Ability to multitask and cope with multiple demands at any one
* A reliable and flexible approach is essential with occasional
evening work outside of normal working hours
* Experience in working with patients living with chronic and
long-term health conditions and an understanding of the challenges
they face is essential.
* Confident and comfortable communicating by phone with people is
* Experience of moderating and content creation on social media
platforms is desirable.
* Experience working with volunteers is desirable.
* Excellent computer and administration skills and a high level of
proficiency using the Microsoft Office suite, particularly PowerPoint,
Excel and MS Word are essential.
* Previous experience working with a CRM or patient management
database is desirable.
* An ability to work on own initiate as well as part of a wider
* Experience working and networking/signposting to other healthcare
professionals and organizations providing support services for people
living with chronic health conditions is desirable.
* Experience in assessing client’s needs is desirable, but not
* Excellent organizational skills
* Experience working with budgets
* Experience and ability to communicate effectively with a range of
internal and external stakeholders, including Healthcare Professionals
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
This job description is not intended as an exhaustive list of
duties/responsibilities and may be amended from time to time in
accordance with the needs of the service.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH IRISH HEART FOUNDATION:
Flexible working with our hybrid working model, our team enjoy more
flexibility working from home and our Head office location in
Rathmines (2 days per week office based) or more if you prefer!
We provide benefits to help you protect your health and financial
security; and give you peace of mind.
* Pension scheme with employer contributions, from day 1 of service
* Life assurance of 4 times base salary with immediate effect
* Income continuance/disability benefit, at no cost to you from day
1 of service
* Paid Maternity leave
* Company sick pay
* Generous annual leave policy including additional company days
* Bike to Work Scheme, Travel Saver Tickets, Excellent public
* Employee assistance Programme
* A wonderful office we are proud of with excellent working, kitchen
and changing facilities
* Events organised by social club and Health and Well-being
* CPR Training for all employees
* Ongoing Training and Development initiatives to help you grow your
career with us
DETAILS OF ROLE AND APPLICATION PROCESS
This is a full-time permanent, Monday to Friday. The role is based in
the Irish Heart Foundation’s offices in Rathmines, Dublin working a
Hybrid model. To apply please provide an up-to-date curriculum vitae
and cover letter outlining how you suit the post by email to Klara
O’Malley, HR Manager.
Email: **Apply on the website**
The closing date for this position is **Apply on the website**th
September **Apply on the website**
_The Irish Heart Foundation is an equal opportunities employer.
The Irish Heart Foundation has a strict no smoking policy._
We need : English (Good)