THE NATIONAL TRAVELLER WOMEN?S FORUM INVITE?S APPLICATIONS FOR THE
PART-TIME POSITION OF PEER SUPPORT WORKER WITH TRAVELLER WOMEN
PRISONERS IN THE D?CHAS CENTRE.
TWO DAYS A WEEK SUBJECT TO ANNUAL FUNDING.
NATIONAL TRAVELLER WOMEN?S FORUM (NTWF) is a national network of
Irish Traveller women and organisations working to address
intersectional discrimination against Traveller women in Irish
The key areas of work for the peer-support worker would include:
* To maintain and develop the Traveller Women?s peer support group
in the?D?chas Centre
* To plan and facilitate twice weekly peer-support group meetings
for Traveller women in D?chas.
* To produce a monthly newsletter and disseminate in the D?chas
* To participate in the advisory group Traveller Women in Prison
that includes: a representative from the prison, the peer
facilitator/s, a representative from the group and relevant others to
address issues emerging
* Ongoing liaison with prison and mainstream service providers and
key stakeholders including local Traveller organisations to raise
awareness about the issues for Traveller women in prison and to
advocate for necessary changes in policy and practice to improve the
women?s life chances.
* Liaison with Travellers Justice Initiative (TJI) network to share
learning, information, updates, issues emerging and strategising under
* Document the learning and provide regular updates to NTWF and TJI
* Organise seminar and other necessary events to develop and share
_QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:_
The successful candidate will be expected to have a relevant
qualification in Community Development or Equality & Human Rights and
or 2 years? experience working in a Traveller Community development
organisation or other relevant Community development organisation and
can demonstrate experience in using an anti-racism, community
development and interculturalism approach. We particularly welcome
applications from the Traveller community.
* Motivated and committed to using the principles of community
development to achieve full equality for Traveller women and their
* Non-judgmental approach
* Excellent communication interpersonal skills
* Good report writing skills
* Ability to build strategic relationships and work with a range of
* Ability to engage and liaise effectively with potential and
* Work on own initiative and as part of team
Salary will be ?**Apply on the website**,**Apply on the website**
pro rata based on a 2-day working week.
This post is funded through the Irish Prison Service and is subject to
annual funding, commencing in April and ending in March the following
Send your competed application with a cover letter outlining your
interest in the post for the attention of the NTWF chairperson to:
**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS TUESDAY **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**TH
OCTOBER **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** BY 5PM.
Shortlisting will apply, and successful applicants will be called for
interview the week beginning shortly thereafter.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND A C.V. IT WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Please provide a contact number in your application.
Any queries or questions please contact Edel Cunningham **Apply on the
We need : English (Good)